no, Cortana is siri's disabled cousin

Please follow all community guidelines before posting

Re: Re: assistant options

JUMP TO SOLUTION
third party assistant recommendation?
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: assistant options

JUMP TO SOLUTION
If you're looking for an assistant, I would recommend Google's.

Re: Re: assistant options

JUMP TO SOLUTION
usually use android assistant or developer assistant, any other third party recommendations?
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Re: Re: assistant options

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Third party personal assistants usually lack the functionality and polish of first party options. Can I ask why you're looking for third party in particular?

Re: Re: Re: Re: assistant options

JUMP TO SOLUTION
google works really well... but is heavily reliant on your Google account... set it up to strict and he looses recognition and ability to show multiple suggestions for your choice if not found. if you only use Google as a back up account, don't use Chrome search engines, don't sync their 10 million apps, the "hey google" and the snapshot just state no suggestions and prompt me to add to my history. I would imagine that Cortana is the same but uses a person's msn/live/365 account. I'm interested in an assistant that isn't so reliant on their creators already established long reaching internet and account features. android assistant is very good at maintaining, enhancing, and optimizing your device but not much in the fetch and retrieve part. I'm looking for an assistant that is able to use whatever I've been using on my phone to provide its suggestions.
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: assistant options

JUMP TO SOLUTION
For an assistant to consider whatever you've been using on your phone in its suggestions, it needs some way to gather and store this data. That usually requires a lengthy user agreement or permission popups and a user-specific account. If you're looking for a good "fetch and retrieve" assistant, you need to give up some of your privacy in order to for it to work properly.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: assistant options

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I know and do. I am currently using customized features for both Google and good old Sammy! especially now that the adaptive messaging feature use Google assistant to learn their habits like it does with every thing else. I try and keep my accounts as separate as can be for one another; even using dual home screen set ups where all apps and parter apps are hidden and disabled or sleeping, while the other and its partners are not and vice versa. not for any particular reason other then I know how to and it has helped me better track down app issues when one comes around. I splt downloads between stores too so I can keep the auto update on since the other store is non functional. heard Jarvis, and Friday were not good but Robin was pretty good.
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: assistant options

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Hound and Robin seem to be decent. Note that Hound is still a little buggy since it just came out of beta.