JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

attachments to text messages

(Topic created on: 12/25/20 12:45 PM)
user0O8IIZ5xFK
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My S8 updated today and when I go to send a text message the icon for attachments is no where to be found. How do I attach a picture etc. to a text message now?  When I asked this via Samsung website chat I got sent to youtube to clear my cache - which I did to no avail.

26 Replies
Solution
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Select the "+" symbol for options while you are in a text message.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

user0O8IIZ5xFK
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks!  I figured it would be something simple. Very grateful. Best-

0 Likes
Rabbitwhole
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Simple ? I think arcane describes the new way much better
0 Likes
userXZQsCBIj56
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Instead of using attch clip I drag picture into message directly and it worked fine.

0 Likes
user7s8phTzmVt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

What is wrong with Samsung management.   The + gets to stickers you can attach, not your photos.  Shame

0 Likes
Samsung_Gz3yyEA
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello,

Your memory may be full. Try deleting or backing up and deleting pictures and videos

0 Likes
St3althy1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

What are you seeing at the input box when you type a message? Is there a "+" to the left?

0 Likes
user0O8IIZ5xFK
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yes - and clicking on that worked per someone else's suggestion. So helpful but not obvious!

0 Likes
St3althy1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Are you seeing these options? Or are you able to share an image or attachment directly from gallery to text messaging application?

0 Likes