JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

attachments to text messages

(Topic created on: 4/3/19 4:00 PM)
user0O8IIZ5xFK
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My S8 updated today and when I go to send a text message the icon for attachments is no where to be found. How do I attach a picture etc. to a text message now?  When I asked this via Samsung website chat I got sent to youtube to clear my cache - which I did to no avail.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
userX9naUA4Eli
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

not sure if you can see this, but no + to left.not sure if you can see this, but no + to left.

0 Likes
userX9naUA4Eli
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

There used to be a paper clip icon

northwestrider
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Exactly, what are the designers and management thinking? More and more people use their phones for actual work. Executives of large companies use them for their primary device for work, and sending PDF's is a common and basic feature. The + icon gives me useless options except for attaching photo or video. Even to attach a photo, if it is not in my gallery but actually organized and saved in a folder on my Google or OneDrive, it is a navigational  pain to attach an image not in the phone gallery.

0 Likes
SamsungZell
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey there @userX9naUA4Eli,

You would click the Four Square menu to access the feature. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userckrr1h89H5
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Like you I don't have a + button, but I have found a work around.

Go to your gallery and select the picture, then the share button, then messages.

You then type the name of the person and a message opens with the picture in it.

0 Likes
Kz315
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I too cannot seem to find any link to choose a document to attach to a message. Selecting the + does not have an option to select anything from the my files folder

userlKveNOs5Ji
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Me too. Have a Samsung S10+ and can't find a way to attach a pdf to a text message. Clicking on the + does not seem to provide any option to do so.

SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

PDF files are incompatible with either SMS or MMS messaging due to Adobe formatting restrictions. There are third party apps that use alternate data channels to accomplish this, but sending a PDF is easiest using email.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userG99Ch9SjPE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks!!!!

0 Likes
pviddy23
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Just to make sure I understand... sending a PDF is not an option using the Samsung messaging app?  I'm unable to send a PDF on my Note 9.  I downloaded Google messenger and Textra, and neither were able to add the attachment either.  However, when I use my Pixel 2 XL, any of the texting apps DO have the option to send a PDF.  So my conclusion is that the Note 9 (and other Samsung devices) do not have the capability using any texting app, meaning it's a device deficiency and not an app issue.