cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

audio problems

So I accidentally dropped my samsung s6 in a bucket of water, i was on the phone at the time.  I immidietly took it out of the water hung up the call and dryed it off with a rag, i got the outside all dry them i blew into the headphone jack, charger port and speaker, blowing out as much water as i could.

the power button did not work (so i couldnt turn the phone off) and neither did the home button. so i pluged it into a charger and let it charge (there was no problem charging but i did exspect to see it not charge from moister in the port but that never happend) so I plugged it in left it in near a heater but not directly in front and i just left it alone till the next day. and now its the next day and the power button kinda works along with the home button, but all audio from the phone sound like its in slow motion (incuding when i used headphones and tried the audio)  and my mic doesnt work either. Is there anything i can do to fix it? PLEASE HELP!

2 REPLIES 2
Supernova

Re: audio problems

continue letting it dry out. There could possibly be water droplets still resting on top of your speaker. even one drop of water on a speaker the size of your thumbnail would be gigantic to the speaker cone itself. Kinda a Honey I shrunk the kids sorta thing. Not saying it will fix all of your issues but if there is damage it's to be expected. Water and Electronics dont mix sorta thing. I wouldn't power it back on until completely dry. Not even to charge. While the moisture is drying it will be moving through evaporation and could land on any of the leads, capacitors, etc. causing more damage if the phone is getting power. Hope that Helps
Astronaut

Re: audio problems

Place your phone in a baggie full of rice, face down. smooth the excess air from the bag before sealing it shut. let your phone sit in that for 24 to 48 hours.