Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dblanc28
Asteroid

bluetooth and wifi turning itself on and off on galaxy s5

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My wifi and bluetooth always turn themselves on and off randomly. i hava a smartband connected through bluetooth that i use for notifications and I have it paired with the smart lock feature. I have look around google and couldnt find anything that really explained this. I have checked my apps to see if maybe one of those was doing it but i couldnt find one that was doing it. Is anyone else having this issue? or know of why this might be happening?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dblanc28
Asteroid

Re: bluetooth and wifi turning itself on and off on galaxy s5

JUMP TO SOLUTION

if anyone is still looking at this thread, i found the problem. At one point the bluetooth was really acting up so i put it in safemode at that time and it stopped. so i went through my last installed apps and the first one with bluetooth permissions was an OBDII scanner for my car. I uninstalled it and now the bluetooth and wifi worked flawlessly. 

20 REPLIES 20
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh no, I am sorry to hear of this happening. Welcome to the community! Have you tried loading the phone into safe mode? This will temporarily disable all but the stock applications and can tell you at least if o an application is the culprit, though it will not help narrow down which one it is. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

dblanc28
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

well i have tried that. Its hard to know if it actually worked though. this problem of the wifi and bluetooth acting up is so random that its hard to say whether or not the safe mode helped or if it just decided to not happen during the time i was in safe mode. while not in safe mode it just happens at random times, i have not been able to see any kind of pattern with it, it doesnt happen after i use a specific app. it could be fine for almost the entire day and then other days it will happen 10 times. in order to really do the safe mode test i would probably have to have it in safe mode for two days straight. if i dont think of any other ideas i might have to do that 

dblanc28
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

if anyone is still looking at this thread, i found the problem. At one point the bluetooth was really acting up so i put it in safemode at that time and it stopped. so i went through my last installed apps and the first one with bluetooth permissions was an OBDII scanner for my car. I uninstalled it and now the bluetooth and wifi worked flawlessly. 

MattStevenson
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you remember which scanner it was?  Mine just started acting up and I'm wondering if one of those apps I have updated and is causing the issue.

userwFPNkHQWie
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for your post.  I had that same POS app too.  Just deleted it.

usergXvy7YtUtP
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey thanks first page I looked at and you nailed it,much appreciated 

userJHh29oy5P5
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, I am having this problem on an S7 Active.  I don't think it's really an app problem but more of a hardware problem in the end.  The phone I currently have is an insurance replacement and my previous S7 Active didn't do this.  But this one has done it almost the whole time I've had it.  Even did a complete factory reset, couldn't set the Wi-Fi up in the initial setup because of this problem.

userChkRyssMilk
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I'm glad that was ur solution but one, u were rather rude in the wording of ur reply and two, that solution doesn't work for everyone. I myself have this issue & I have no apps with bluetooth or wireless permissions.
useruI7tKhFiH4
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I think he meant wifi and he is using auto correct. 

I also checked my apps and none is interfering with the bluetooth or wifi.