JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

camera lens click noise

(Topic created on: 4/13/20 8:19 PM)
userxMp5qdnjJZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Hello, I just received my galaxy s10 plus today and whenever i want open an app like camera, snapchat, instagram story and also face ID i hear like a clicking noise like a mechanic noise that i really dont like. It even happens when I switch from the front to the rear camera or when I change between the different modes. I don't know if it's a problem that comes from my phone or if it's normal. Please help me.
VerbumVeritum
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userh9PQHPVwxK this is 100% normal and not a problem. :)

usera4q11t21Td
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I too am having the same problem in my S10+ so please let me know if you find anything more or a solution. 

0 Likes
user5A0W7n9Boq
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same here. It is very annoying. It doesn't matter if you have ur phone on silent or even on do not disturb it will still make the noise and disrupt everyone. For those saying it's not loud it definitely is especially if your in a quiet place. 

0 Likes
RedDragon
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userxMp5qdnjJZ This is normal. The back camera has  1.5 and 2.4 aperture built in to one of those camera and this lens has a mechanism that will open and close constantly depends on the environment lightning. There are also OIS in these lenses so it is normal to make noises.

0 Likes
Ktackett1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My S8+ does it during start up as well. It's fine.

0 Likes
Sapphirescale
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You can turn off the noise in the settings

0 Likes
user5A0W7n9Boq
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Wrong. You cannot turn this off in settings. I have tried everything even as to call Samsung themselves and they have no clue and I am unable to return the phone. I am in college and often need to take pictures of powerpoints and unable to because this phone is ridiculous and makes noise during class even when the whole thing is on silent or set to do not disturb. So please enlighten me as to how to change setting ad to how to make it silent.

0 Likes
usergAt7YuczKb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I definitely hear it too, but its not super disruptive. Sometimes can be jarring when on snapchat and you quickly swipe from your chats over to stories, swiping thru the cameras screen makes several loud clicks as described above.

I'm not super disturbed by the noise, just happy to know I'm not crazy and I really am hearing it!

Samsung_djX9oRi
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It's just the main rear camera adjusting it's aperture. You can actually see it physically moving if you change from a bright scene to a dark scene or the other way around

userG1EwhWDNQc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I noticed that the noise is not related to the aperture control since when I put a flashlight in front of the lens the noise that came from the aperture adjustment is much lower, the noise that changing the camera makes is much higher and even you can hear it in the recorded file.

0 Likes