JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

camera lens click noise

(Topic created on: 3/8/19 1:03 PM)
userxMp5qdnjJZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Hello, I just received my galaxy s10 plus today and whenever i want open an app like camera, snapchat, instagram story and also face ID i hear like a clicking noise like a mechanic noise that i really dont like. It even happens when I switch from the front to the rear camera or when I change between the different modes. I don't know if it's a problem that comes from my phone or if it's normal. Please help me.
JUMP TO SOLUTION
46 Replies
userefEKFcabAT
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

That's normal mine does it as well and so does my Note 10 plus and my wife's note 10 plus.. I dunno what version S10 plus you have but I have a unlocked At&t S10 plus and unlocked Note 10 plus also from At&t... they all click I'm pretty sure it's the dual aperture in cameras.. remember these cams in these phones from the S9 series to the S20 series including our S10 +s and Note 10 plus ect have some amazing powerful mobile camera tech.. plus the software ect and apps like the cam n Facebook snapchat Instagram ect normally all use the cam for selfies n pics ect and I'm pretty sure it's the phones logic board n software basically telling the cams to be ready incase you hit the cam button so it opens fast n is in focus for your pic.. and all usa S10e S10 n S10 + and all Note 10 n 10 + phones that are bought in the usa Canada China all use snapdragon 855 Soc chips and Korea n European have the exynos chips and both systems have that click lol

0 Likes
userr4BR7yufVM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same to My Samsung A50 but i useally ignore it

Nemo4uall
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This is normal for S10 family of phones. I have confirmed with Samsung senior development team.

0 Likes
userJSpBdlVijh
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It may be normal when the camera is in use, but mine does it when i make a phone call.  I honestly dont feel comfortable that my camera is randomly activated and potentially taking pictures without my knowledge.

Samsung_6aE1ZLb
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Did you goto sound settings? It might just be a matter of checking or changing you sound settings

0 Likes
ALSUNIDAR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It happen to my note 20 ultra clicking sound while my phone is off like the camera is activating but I am. Not using it. It is very annoying I hope Samsung can replay to this matter.
0 Likes
0Vivien0
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have a Samsung A71 5g, and yeah I also hear those lenses open and close.its pretty cool tho.
0 Likes