cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Astronaut

can someone help?

I was wanting to know how someone's phone number or name can end up in my settings/messages/app notifications/ where I can turn on & off notifications to these numbers or names separately? I didn't set my phone up like this so I dont know how to undo these in my apps notification settings menu! Can anyone shine some light on this for me, Thank you 
4 REPLIES 4
Galaxy

Re: can someone help?

Hello, I think I can help if I'm understanding you: "turn on & off notifications to these numbers or names separately".
*If you'd like to turn off notifications using default messaging app you need to long press on the contact, when the menu comes up at the bottom click the bell icon to mute notifications (a line will go through the bell icon indicating off). Then you can still receive messages from the person but there won't be any notifications/sounds. To unmute just click the bell icon again. The only way to know if they messaged you is when you open the messaging app, then you'll see a number or dot (can't remember which because I use a third party messaging app) indicating there's a new message.

*If you don't want any notifications to show up at all from a certain contact. Then go to the contact in the default messaging app and click on the contact, when your in the conversation part of the message, click on the 3 dots in the upper right corner and choose block contact. Then you won't be bothered with anything from that contact.

If this helped, please press on the 3 dots by my comment and
click ✓ "Accept as Solution". - Thanks 😊
Astronaut

Re: Re: can someone help?

I dont mean it in that way if u go to settings then apps then notifications settings for the app. right there at the middle big measeges icon under heath it tells you mobile data ....under battery ... under that storage.... then memory used then there's categories under that emergency u cant change then new messages then I have someone I knows number thats all & cant figure out why or how it's an actual notification now
Astronaut

Re: can someone help?

can I post a picture
Galaxy

Re: Re: can someone help?

Yes that would help so much