Original topic:

cloud / memo or notes

(Topic created: 10-10-2021 03:44 PM)
userh2W65DrBOx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I backed up everything on a S5 even to one drive with google. 

I transferred everything from that phone to an S8 and issue I have is the notes/memos as i cannot find and or open all of them.

I than transferred to a Apple 11 and receieved everything except for the notes/memo. 

I am asking why i cannot pull these up and or view all the notes and memos i have saved and backed up through one drive and or on the samsung cloud website, i need these notes for a Case I am working on.

Thank You

Shane C.

4 Replies
DanG92263
Sun
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I want to help, but I'm a little confused OneDrive is a Microsoft cloud service, not Google, which has their own, seperate cloud service.
0 Likes
DanG92263
Sun
Options
Galaxy S Phones
What app were you using to make your notes? Microsoft Word? Samsung Notes?
0 Likes
MrJell_Lee
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones

if you are referring to Samsung Notes, make sure that the notes from S5 are all synced to your Samsung Account and given permission to sync on Samsung Cloud. This should let you just update the notes on the new device smoothly..

As for other types of notes... not sure... try either Smart Switch, or submitting error report to Samsung Members app after reproducing the issue (re-attempt to sync notes/memo).

0 Likes
SamsungJace
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Good afternoon, I can understand your frustrations. Here is a guide that may help with the transfer of Samsung Notes to a new device: https://www.samsung.com/za/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-restore-samsung-notes-from-an-old-device-...

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes