Original topic:

expandable memory on future phones released in 2021?

(Topic created on: 1/20/21 10:16 PM)
userp6pPkDI5FC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have (3) Note 10 ultras & 1 S10+ on my current plan. I will need 4 new phones this year & need to know if the devices that you release yearly in August/September timeframe (which typically has been the note series) will have external memory support this year? My family will need 4 new phones this year & I will not be purchasing any of the S21 series because they do not support expandable memory. I need to know if i should go elsewhere or if you guys will release a device that will bring this back. I have been a loyal samsung supporter since the release of the S4 and even purchased the multiple Note 7s that had to be returned due to the recall. Before then my family & I had multiple HTC devices but once they dropped expandable memory support I left then for Samsung and hasnt looked back. But now Im trying to see if I need to leave Samsung for another manufacturer or should i just wait until August for you to release a new device that brings back expandable memory support.

Sincerely,
a loyal Samsung supporter who needs expandable memory support.
7 Replies
Eyayo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Cloud storage is the future. Learn to deal with it
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Recent events have proven cloud storage is neither safe nor secure. During the days long outage following the Christmas day explosion in Nashville proved it to be undependable as well. I still had access to all of my files on my SD card. Many of my friends were not able to get to their data.
userp6pPkDI5FC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
"learn to deal with it" Fuku!!! How about that... If Samsung doesn't release their next phone in August/September with expandable memory, I'll spend my $4000plus elsewhere. I'm trying to stay loyal to a brand I've grown to love. But I'm not keeping 1/2 TB worth of my personal media files on a cloud & have to pay for a cloud to support my 1/2 TB & then have to use my data to access it. That's just stupid.
Eyayo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You think companies will be back on that? Then u need to wake up from your slumber.
0 Likes
This-is-me
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Well you should consider note 20 ultra is the last sd storage unless the s21 line flops real bad.
usercW2ySbkixT
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I definitely won't upgrade...losing the ability to have an sd card slot is a no go...I store everything on my card and I'm in areas where I sometimes don't have access to 5g or wifi...so I don't wanna have to depend on a cloud service... I'll ride this phone s20 Ultra till the brakes fall off and eventually if samsung doesn't bring the sd card back I'll have to switch to a phone that does. Sure wish they would listen to the customers.
user2s7KxSOdUj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm not going to be using cloud storage. It's slower and laggy when trying to watch video files, and access large pdf files, from the cloud, sometimes cloud services have errors and files get lost, and that's happened to me once, and I won't risk it again. I'm also not interested in having to rely on the internet to have access to my files. If something happens and my data goes down, and I have to rely in unsecured wifi, or poorly secured wifi that I don't trust, then I have no intention of putting any of my information or files, in a cloud through such gateways. I bought an sd+1terabyte edition phone when it came out, specifically so I could avoid issues with cloud storage again. I'm not going to downgrade to a phone with half the storage. If nothing better presents itself, then I'm not going to remain a loyal Samsung customer. I'm going to have to swallow my pride and get the iphone 13 this fall since it will have a terabyte of storage option.