cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userDm0cnDuEcU
Asteroid

galaxy s7 buzzing and shutting down

JUMP TO SOLUTION

in the last week my phon start shutting down randomly. the only way to turn it back on ia by pressing the power+home+vol down bottuns together. but in the last few days it start buzzing loud and making a pixle thing o  the screen and then shutting down. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: galaxy s7 buzzing and shutting down

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There's two things you can do immediately to try and correct this and see if it's software related. You can wipe the cache partition of any residual data that has built up from past updates, and you can boot the phone into Safe Mode to rule out any third party apps altogether. Here are the guides on how to do just that - Using Safe Mode to Troubleshoot & How To: Clear the Cache Partition

Try this first at least, and if you find the restarts and odd behavior still happening, you're going to want to reach out to our Support Team. They'll help you with setting up an evaluation of the device, and letting you know if a repair is in order for it.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There's two things you can do immediately to try and correct this and see if it's software related. You can wipe the cache partition of any residual data that has built up from past updates, and you can boot the phone into Safe Mode to rule out any third party apps altogether. Here are the guides on how to do just that - Using Safe Mode to Troubleshoot & How To: Clear the Cache Partition

Try this first at least, and if you find the restarts and odd behavior still happening, you're going to want to reach out to our Support Team. They'll help you with setting up an evaluation of the device, and letting you know if a repair is in order for it.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

View solution in original post

userDm0cnDuEcU
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

thanks a lot! it did help!

now I'm waiting to see if the problem continues or not. 

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Which solution worked?

Acrillix - Samsung Community Valued Contributor Elite Member
Be sure to click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and "This Helped Me" if it's helpful.
My Blog - Guru of the Galaxies: http://guruofthegalaxies.com/
userDm0cnDuEcU
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

the ''wipe cache partition" I did it this morning and so far it did not turn off again. 

I waiting to see if it will last.

I also tried the safe mode for a few hours and it worked, so, for now, I'm waiting Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Awesome! Really glad to hear it. Update should it decide to come back, but hopefully that won't be the case this time around.

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

I'm sorry you are experiencing this. It's never fun to deal with. Luckily we have things we can do.

When you boot into Maintenance Mode/Recovery Mode what are you selecting to turn your phone on?

Since we can't remove our battery easily like others, we need to do something a bit different, but works the same. 

What happens if you hold the power button longer than usual? Like 15-30 seconds? Does it boot normally? 

Why would I ask you this? Think about it. You say your device ONLY turns on when you hold both POWER + HOME + VOLUME DOWN. But the only button that actually boots the device is the power button. And in that particular situation you are holding (essentially) the power button down for 15-30 seconds. So remove those two others and what happens?

Now let's say I'm wrong. That didn't work. Okay now what is preventing the device from turning on? 

Let's try clearing the Cache Partition. You can do this one of two ways. Inside the phone, and outside.

Inside (Preferred Method): Settings > Storage > Cached Data > Delete

Outside: 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the device logo screen displays, release only the Power key.
  4. When the Android logo displays, release all keys ('Installing system update' will show for about 30 - 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
  5. Press the Volume down key several times key to highlight 'wipe cache partition'.
  6. Press the Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight 'yes' an press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, 'Reboot system now' is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

Alright so now what happens? Does it boot?

If your answer is no, try it in Safe Mode and see if it does then.

Be sure to click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and "This Helped Me" if it's helpful.
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the assist! Loving the name change too btw!

Highlighted
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungMarcos wrote:

Thanks for the assist! Loving the name change too btw!

Thanks buddy. See you around the forums!