Original topic:

group texts with iPhone users

(Topic created on: 12/21/20 7:49 PM)
userwcdTjejBXd
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have found that when I am in a group text with iPhone users,  many of their texts do not download.  How do I fix this? It's very frustrating! 
3 Replies
latoplano_6_625
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S Phones

what message app do you use?

also, what is your software version? setting - about - software - baseband

0 Likes
CalderCay
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I just responded to another post about this. I do have group chats that have iPhone users, but I also see the same issue with all Android users.

I've seen this same issue with Google Messages. If I switch to Samsung Messages, or to Textra, the problem persists.

There's a thread reporting the same issue on a Google Messages forum with about 300 replies, all complaining about the same thing.

It's very odd that the issue is across different phones and text messaging apps, related to the same core messaging infrastructure.

I don't see the issue in Google Chat or Hangouts or Google Voice.
0 Likes
userbiHcGNme6E
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

having same issue. After 2 hours with ATT they say its an android thing "happens all the time with all android devices"

I only had problem when using wifi calling. - ATT says that android wifi calling requires phone to switch to over the air to send MMS's (pics and group messages.

With that said I think I found the fix for me!!!!

I went to settings, apps, then top right corner and clicked app permission manager.  Then tapped sms whiched showed 10 apps with permission.  I allowed Amazon alexa to read and send texts so I could use my echos to send texts (never once actually used it) I turned off this permission and BAM! worked flawless past few days!! I would love to hear if this works for you

0 Likes