cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LMCH
Constellation

individual text & ringtones for contacts

Do any of the newer Samsung galaxy phones have individual text tone notification for contacts?

I have J3 Luna Pro with this feature and love it . I want to upgrade but want a phone with this feature.

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung_UV7073p
Constellation

Re: individual text & ringtones for contacts

Yes you just add them under the messaging app

Yes they do. Go in to messages app select the conversation, then tap on the 3 dots. Turn on custom notifications.

LMCH
Constellation

I was able to do that Thank You.

Is there a way to download your own tones and set that as a notification like my Luna Pro? I was able to download a tone but it did not go to the list of tones I get to choose from Smiley Sad

You can download tones from Zedge, then you have to go to MY Files copy the tones from the Zedge file and paste into notification file

Unfortunately all these repsonses are misleading, there is no longer a way to assign text tones to individual contacts, only message threads.  They delete if you delete the thread and are not permanent like ringtones.  This feture used to exist in nougat and samsung removed it, then trashed every thread on here when people complained.  There was a thread over 100 pages long of upset customers and they continue to refuse to fix the issue.