cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
hatcherd
Astronaut

is an update necessary for KRACK on Galaxy S7?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I'm curious whether an update is available/required for the "Key Reinstallation Attack" (aka KRACK)? If it is required, is it available?
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Red Giant

Re: is an update necessary for KRACK on Galaxy S7?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As an update to your update to your question:

As soon as we are notified of any potential vulnerabilities, we work closely to address those issues as quickly as possible. We are aware of this matter and will be rolling out patches to Samsung devices in the coming weeks.

For mobile consumers with questions: We encourage any concerned users to operate their devices through cellular data, not Wi-Fi in the meantime.

11 REPLIES 11
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@hatchnerd We recommend downloading any security patches or updates sent from your carrier as soon as possible to keep your device running up to date and all of your information safe. We do not have a timeline of when these updates will rollout, as they vary from carrier to carrier, but do keep an eye out for that pop-up notification.

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As an update to your update to your question:

As soon as we are notified of any potential vulnerabilities, we work closely to address those issues as quickly as possible. We are aware of this matter and will be rolling out patches to Samsung devices in the coming weeks.

For mobile consumers with questions: We encourage any concerned users to operate their devices through cellular data, not Wi-Fi in the meantime.

userdJBVMrbnID
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Another useless, political non-answer. I wish people who don't know anything about the questioned topic, or are just as lost and confused as the original questioner, not waste everyone's time "responding". Also, repeating the same non-answer doesn't help anyone - it just makes the responder seem arrogantly non-responsive. This issue is not "solved". Thank you.

Another gripe: What doesn't this site have dates for when messages are posted? The time tag says "Wednesday"! Really?
user462YHyodXy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,  

28 november 2017 in France:

---------------------------------

On my Galaxy S7: Security level Android = 1 october 2017.

Does this level prevent the KRACK weakness ?

If not, what level should we expect for the KRACK to be fixed ?

On all the Galaxy A5 of the commercial fleet of my company: Security level Android = 1 august 2017.

what level should we expect for the KRACK to be fixed ?

Note that is not an important point > it's just about the security of the business... Smiley Happy 

user9Pyl4OwH6h
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Well what's the answer
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user9Pyl4OwH6h Keeping your device up to date is necessary to protect your device. As stated previously, we do not have a timeline of when these updates will rollout, as they vary from carrier to carrier, but do keep an eye out for that pop-up notification and update as soon as possible.

userSFwGlKufFU
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm getting constant KRACK alerts, should I contact my carrier or my broadband provider?  thanks  in advance

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there @userSFwGlKufFU I understand how multiple alerts can be bothersome and I'd like to help. Depending on how many applications you have installed, I would recommend performing a factory reset of your device and upon signing back into the device, reinstalling your apps one by one so that you make sure you don't reinstall the application that allows these alerts onto your phone.

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi again @userSFwGlKufFU I was just checking in to see if you were able to get rid of those alerts.