JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

is the galaxy s8 getting android 10?

(Topic created: 02-02-2020 03:45 AM)
Bernado94
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I've been waiting for awhile for the answer to this question. What will happen to galaxy s8 if not?

91 Replies
Ozaustin
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The only updates the s8 lineup gets now are security updates for a couple years. So no new software. You can Google what the latest security updates did but its nothing exiting

Samsung_pQT0Nrq
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

When we receive one ui 2.0 update? Any confirm date?

SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks for reaching out. This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitcountrysite.html

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The Galaxy S8 is not receiving Android 10, despite the contrary rumors. Sorry...

userAGKbEOIe4p
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

S8 my last Samsung "flaghship" mobile phone. I am so disappointed and many people around the world. Samsung just don't care because now is price for "flagships" is double and stupid people still buy that and they get nothing. No updates no more Samsung products. Learn something from One Plus, Xiaomi or Apple...

Icebreaqer
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

If the update is signed by You provider or Google it is safe to run. I just ran one from Tmobile yesterday on my S8+

Evgen
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

How update Galaxy S8 in android 10?

Samsung_K82oqjf
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You cant, it's already received its last update

userZ5HrSHEiaG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

If There is no hardware limitations then why will the S 20 also receive just 2 year update.

Tidbitty
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hardware limitations. Google isn't giving major updates past 2 years themselves. Simple answer is hardware manufacturers don't want to support hardware past a certain point. If Qualcomm doesn't make new drivers for example then Google will not put the effort into making their own drivers which would consume more time.