JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

is the galaxy s8 getting android 10?

(Topic created: 05-04-2020 07:12 PM)
Bernado94
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I've been waiting for awhile for the answer to this question. What will happen to galaxy s8 if not?

91 Replies
userlz8AxkvwdK
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

A simple question based on that hypothesis: Why are lesser spec'd devices within the Samsung brand line up getting android 10 over the "flagship" S8?

Samsung_SP7uEEJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

That's not true. Google phones receive updates with the same hardware. @Tidbitty 

0 Likes
Tidbitty
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@Samsung_SP7uEEJ wrote:

That's not true. Google phones receive updates with the same hardware. @Tidbitty 

Huge difference in software and development. Also google only gave pixel2 two major updates. It started with the newest version not the previous version like the s8 did. Google later changed it where all new devices released must be on the latest version and not the previous version. They also made it where it goes by year. If for example Android 11 released this year all versions on android devices Android 11 is a given and then 2 major updates after that. So if you really want updates without restrictions buy a Google device.

0 Likes
Samsung_gmztHcw
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

When will s8 and s8 plus get the android version 10...bcos they are both not bad at all

1lovejay
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I hoping Samsung Have a heart for us S8 user's it be Nice I been a Samsung Fan in Good times and Bad time's...

userAapco0r4CS
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So s8 is going to be my last Samsung phone.never going to butmy another Samsung device.A Samsung user since 2005

Samsung_smw1IhE
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

When will the s8 get One UI 2.0

Cxlorful
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It won't. The latest major software update for the s8 will be android 9 Pie

0 Likes
Kingkhan564