JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

is the galaxy s8 getting android 10?

(Topic created: 11-07-2019 11:40 PM)
Bernado94
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I've been waiting for awhile for the answer to this question. What will happen to galaxy s8 if not?

91 Replies
Samsung_s8V6HfG
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Unfortunately it doesn't look like Samsung is motivated enough to support your device. You can message them on Twitter, call, post on here, Reddit, and other forms of social media to try and get their attention. I definitely think the s9, s8 plus and note 8 should get android 10.

0 Likes
Angelum
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I know that Samsung typical doesn't do another major updates besides 2 but still. I would love to see it get one last update and with the support for digital wellbeing. Oh please. I do admire the S10 and all but I also still love my phone to see it with one more update. Okay that's all for rant. If it doesn't get it then aww.

userevAJKiZw9d
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have found also the info on the Russian website, that one of the owners of note 8 wrote to German Samsung support about android 10

@Angelum wrote:

I know that Samsung typical doesn't do another major updates besides 2 but still. I would love to see it get one last update and with the support for digital wellbeing. Oh please. I do admire the S10 and all but I also still love my phone to see it with one more update. Okay that's all for rant. If it doesn't get it then aww.

,  replay from samsung was that S - series will nevertheless get approximately android 10 only by the end of July 

0 Likes
Angelum
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Welp but it's official. No android 10. But know that I'm looking at it I found a really good workaround that mimics the android 10 flow. Of course, I won't get anything but I know have gestures and got action launcher for the wellbeing 

0 Likes
SamsungS8fan
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Will all the carrier and unlocked 8 Series phones (S8/S8+/S8 Lite/Note 😎 get Android 10?

ShadowArtist201
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I don't believe so. The S8 series (S8, S8+) definitely won't be getting the update, but the Note 8 might because it's just a bit newer.

0 Likes
GaryB82
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The S8 and Note 8 won't be getting the update to Android 10 they have already received there 2 major OS updates 

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Gary-B82-Ambassador-Signature2Note 10+ Verizon Wireless
OGRizzyroot
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

level up mane #samsungdex is the best!

Samsung_b6tlANp
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Anyone still rocking the S8 besides me in 2020?

pcoy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yep