cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Astronaut

looking for anyone who can help with information

Recently I purchased a game on Google Play on my Samsung as 20 plus. The thing that concerns me a little is I click the option and it automatically started the subscription but I did not give any credit card information. Is this something a setting maybe that the phone does or should I be concerned about this? Thank you for your time
4 REPLIES 4
Supernova

Re: looking for anyone who can help with information

Check your Google Play account and be sure that you haven't incurred any charges for subscriptions. Normally when a purchase is made there will be a Grace Period to cancel. There will also be an invoice email sent to your account to confirm purchase. Depending on the app, some come with free subscriptions also so if there were no charges then it could be just that. Also make sure your device didnt have any complimentary gifts for purchase of your device. Samsung is always giving away deals and promos for Games, Apps, Streaming Services, etc. Hope that Helps but yeah just slide over to your Google Playstore and check your account in the top left
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: looking for anyone who can help with information

@tyeramsey wrote:
Recently I purchased a game on Google Play on my Samsung as 20 plus. The thing that concerns me a little is I click the option and it automatically started the subscription but I did not give any credit card information. Is this something a setting maybe that the phone does or should I be concerned about this? Thank you for your time

It used the CC info that you previously associated with your Google Play account. 

To see what payment methods you have already setup:

1. Open the Google Play Store
  2. Click the 3 line menu
  3. Click Payment methods

If you want to prevent automatic purchases in the future, try this:

1. Open the Google Play Store
  2. Click the 3 line menu
  3. Click Settings
  4. Click "Require authentication for purchase" 
Astronaut

Re: Re: looking for anyone who can help with information

thank you so much. it was just that my card was under one of the payment methods . I am relieved. again thank you so much for the tips. I am so blonde.
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Re: looking for anyone who can help with information

@tyeramsey Glad that it helped you out!