Original topic:

moisture detect wont stop with no moisture galaxy s8

(Topic created on: 1/20/21 6:26 PM)
userTTDOE5VCuK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I did search posts but didn't find an answer.  My phone galaxy S8 is 4 years old, no water, in my pocket all day, no new apps loaded in months and I did use a tooth pick and clean the charging port with alcohol and it was dirty BUT.. Still get warning.. I know how to charge it etc.. Did a lot of research and what I have concluded its time for factory restore start but not sure.. Ideas? 

0 Likes
5 Replies
Options
Galaxy S Phones
throw it in some uncooked rice, full buried, for 24hrs. Make sure not to get any grains lodged in the ports and blast it out with compressed air about six inches away, then wait a minute or two and plug it in to charge then and see. Note, make sure the phone is completely turned off while in the rice.
0 Likes
userTTDOE5VCuK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I've done all the youtube fixes ie: cleaning port, settings storage clear, etc.. It has not been anywhere near water in the last 2 weeks and is totally dry.. I think its a hardware issue BUT.. I will try the rice for the heck of it before doing a factory reset..  Frustrating.. Thanks! 

Options
Galaxy S Phones
it doesn't have to be the full 24 hrs, overnight while you sleep, should be fine. sometimes it's not that there is moisture at all, the phone is registering some and the rice has been known to help resolve your exact issue; water or no water.
0 Likes
userTTDOE5VCuK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Rice it is!  Rice a Roni!  Should I add the seasonings?  LOL..  We'll see tomorrow morning.. Thanks for your advice..
Marty

useruvs0IxEEYg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Cook the rice and eat it. Don't be fooled by old wives tales. You'd be better off just leaving your wet electronics on a warm dry shelf without anything under it.

I have an S8 (backup/games phone) which likes to report it's got moisture too, but obviously doesn't. Funny thing is, take the charger out, turn the phone off if its on, on if its off, then plug the cable back in and the moisture magically disappears.

Also recently had it say it was charging for hours on end, not get any charge, switched to a Qi/wireless charger, left it charging for hours and yet it still had no power. Ran recovery mode, loaded it up.

The phone charged within half an hour and still has 20% battery after 2 days. 

There's a number of things which cause this error, eg: Samsung's cheap ports breaking internally. By the way, when was your last firmware update?

0 Likes