JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Muffled speaker and volume on the Galaxy s9+

(Topic created: 11-04-2020 07:29 AM)
EMGBR
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Since the last software update on Sept 1, my speaker and volume on the phone have been sounding muffled/crackling.  It's very evident when going from mute -> sound, when phone rings, playing audio/video.  I have not dropped it in water, the phone has always been in a protective case and well cared for.  Is there any fix for this without having to spend money on a new phone or repairs?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones

If the steps you've tried have not helped, it could be a hardware issue with the speakers. I'd recommend having it evaluated at your local walk-in repair center: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/?product=N0052153

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

5 Replies
knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Can you try shutting off HD sound? Go to settings, then connections, then advanced settings, shut off HD. Let me know if this changes anything.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
EMGBR
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Unfortunately I'm not seeing option for HD settings.  Attached a screen printScreenshot_20201105-094417_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Upon further research, it looks like if your carrier doesn't support VoLTE for your device you wouldn't have the HD Sound or HD calling feature. An alternative workaround seems to be turning off wi-fi calling. Can you test this and let me know if it affects the sound in the speakers?

0 Likes
EMGBR
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have turned off the wifi calling option 

I have rebooted the phone

And no change.
Why would an update like that be pushed if my carrier doesn't support that functionality?  Can I revert back to the previous software version?  

0 Likes
Solution
knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones

If the steps you've tried have not helped, it could be a hardware issue with the speakers. I'd recommend having it evaluated at your local walk-in repair center: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/?product=N0052153