JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

need help recovering data on a stolen phone?

(Topic created: 04-01-2021 01:17 PM)
bohboh
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Need help

0 Likes
5 Replies
bohboh
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

data from phone sorry

0 Likes
Solution
d_spi
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey @bohboh 

I'm sorry to hear your phone was stolen. You can actually located it through your Samsung account if you had one tied to your phone. Go into your browser and log into your Samsung Account> next go to "Devices"> navigate to "find my mobile" you can locate your phone from there and make a police report on it.  

For backing up your data on another phone, you want to have both a Google and Samsung account tied to your devices.  

In order to do this> open your settings menu> next navigate to "accounts and backup" > next you'll want to go into "backup and restore" this is where you would come to back up both the data from your Google Account as well as your Samsung account. Hopefully these methods work for you.

userwmv5AVLRYN
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

That will not work ...mine was stolen and i tried that. all one has to do is hard reset your device and then it becomes his or her after all data has been erased.. the only way to and i dont know why mobile phones manufactures wont do it is to a issue a unique number that comes with the phone and the phone if hard rest should prompt you to enter it.. otherwise this google find my device thing is only for your lost phone in the house ..once that phone lands on some else's hands, forget it.

0 Likes
SamsungQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

0 Likes
bohboh
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

so I will have to fine my phone if don't know if I back up my old phone I had it for so long I can't remember and of my password s I'm sorry if this is a pain but I really can't remember and I've been to tmobile already and I filed one too

0 Likes