Original topic:

no sd card slot in s21 ultra

(Topic created on: 1/14/21 10:12 PM)
floydvoid
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones
i've been thinking all day about it and i think i'm going to pass on the s21 ultra. how can someone sell you a phone and not supply you with the charger to make it operate?.. why not have a box that we can check at the final checkout page if we don't want/need the charger instead of just stripping it from us?

that's not my main issue with this line though. what's really making me want to pass is the lack of an sd card slot. this rig takes 8K video for crying out loud and why only offer the phantom silver in the littlest 128gb model???

i sure want to upgrade, but i think i'm going to wait patiently until (hopefully) the note 21 ultra launches and (hopefully) it has a sd card slot...
6 Replies
SJohnson
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones
True, I'm also a little disappointed that they took out the MicroSD card as well as MST. I guess I'll just use my portable SSD along with Microsoft OneDrive.

Please follow all community guidelines before posting

floydvoid
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones
yea, losing MST is a bummer as well for sure.

i hear what your saying with onedrive, but i'm not a fan of the cloud. just personal preference of course.

i like to back all my personal stuff up on 2TB external hard drives and keep em locked up nice and safe.
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Recent events have proven that cloud storage is nether safe nor secure. There are also LARGE areas with inadequate cell coverage. All are reasons to REQUIRE an SD card for storage.
TheBudda
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I was looking to upgrade from my S10 + but now Samsung can sing it. I am shocked that they dropped SD card support!! I have been with Samsung since the S2, No SD Card is no good to me. The amount of storage offered in the S21 is a complete joke!!!

What are you thinking Samsung, sort it OUT!!

user45SMGwBKo5
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Well, I found out about SD card slot post factum. Upgraded my S10+ to S21 Ultra. I did not even think that that was possible. I am asking SAMSUNG what they were thinking? What I am gonna do with my 128 GB music collection that I was listening offline in no covereage area? I paid $1200 for a device and there no SD card slot?! If I wanted no SD card cellphone I would by IPhone! Seriously??!!! I want refund!

#bringSDcardslotBack!

userneS64aRqUN
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I just bought an S20 ultra. It has a bigger screen and a slot! I got it refurbished through and from Amazon at 700. I'm pretty happy about the choice!
0 Likes