cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usern4LQ6vBRIl
Asteroid

no storage left after Oreo update

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Galaxy S7 updated yesterday to Oreo (?) and now my phone's memory is at 31.9 GB! I have an SD card which has hardly anything on it. How do I get all the garbage apps (ie DirecTV, facebook etc) by Samsung off my phone to free up space. Thanks
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Comet

Re: no storage left after Oreo update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usern4LQ6vBRIl wrote:
Galaxy S7 updated yesterday to Oreo (?) and now my phone's memory is at 31.9 GB! I have an SD card which has hardly anything on it. How do I get all the garbage apps (ie DirecTV, facebook etc) by Samsung off my phone to free up space. Thanks

long press and app and either disable or uninstall apps. pr go into apps and find bloatware there.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usern4LQ6vBRIl wrote:

long press and app and either disable or uninstall apps. pr go into apps and find bloatware there.

View solution in original post

usern4LQ6vBRIl
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have 17 apps of my own the phone (spotify, firefox, starbucks, etc) all of the other garbage (kindle, android payy, briefing, directv, facebook, att pro touch, gear VR service, google play music/movies, hancom office eidtor, samsung internet/pay/pass, plenti and the list goes on..are all garbage to me and they are all unable to be uninstalled and in some cases can't be deactivated either.

Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usern4LQ6vBRIl wrote:

I have 17 apps of my own the phone (spotify, firefox, starbucks, etc) all of the other garbage (kindle, android payy, briefing, directv, facebook, att pro touch, gear VR service, google play music/movies, hancom office eidtor, samsung internet/pay/pass, plenti and the list goes on..are all garbage to me and they are all unable to be uninstalled and in some cases can't be deactivated either.

i suggested the right move. yes its sad of the bloatware, also keep in mind that on my note 8, oreo takes up 19 gb internal/so dont expect too much difference after deleting apps and trashy bloatware

Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@benice wrote:

@usern4LQ6vBRIl wrote:

i suggested the right move. yes its sad of the bloatware, also keep in mind that on my note 8, oreo takes up 19 gb internal/so dont expect too much difference after deleting apps and trashy bloatware

many can be disabled. facebook. insta  messenger and trashy extra samsung bloat. good luck. or goto http://www.samsung.com/us/support/

click contact then live support and see if they can remotely help you remove or disable

usern4LQ6vBRIl
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for info/help. Much appreciated. I had already deleted and deactivated anything and everything I could. So, I guess where do I go from here as far as 31.9 of 32GB of my memory used? I have an SD card with barely anything on it. Isn't that supposed to do something? (Sorry, pretty tech illiterate here)

Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usern4LQ6vBRIl wrote:

Thanks for info/help. Much appreciated. I had already deleted and deactivated anything and everything I could. So, I guess where do I go from here as far as 31.9 of 32GB of my memory used? I have an SD card with barely anything on it. Isn't that supposed to do something? (Sorry, pretty tech illiterate here)

TRANSFER some apps to sdcard. long press any app look in storage and see if it offers change location. only some can be moved. after that, nothing else can be done

usern4LQ6vBRIl
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

cleared cashes, deleted data in apps, moved the few apps that allowed me to move them to SD card and now I'm at 31.2 GB of storage. LOL Didn't do much at all after all that. Guess Samsung owes us all new phones since they have just made ours junk. Smiley Wink

Thanks for the help.

usern4LQ6vBRIl
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

just went into my Spotify app directly and went to its settings and changed how it saves info. Changed from internal to SD card. Freed up over 9GB of storage on my phone!!

Thanks again for all the help and education. You're awesome!