JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

.nomedia file found

(Topic created: 02-14-2021 06:49 PM)
MsEbonyrose
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Just got this message today when I went to view my photos. I do not know where this came from or why. Or what causes this. Now I am not able to view 3000 plus photos. Have been able to view before this message. I know it says to delete file but I am afraid I may loss my photos was well. I have the S10 plus. Have only had it for two weeks. Transferred photos from S7. Old phone no longer works so can't get photos back. They are not in the cloud.

7 Replies
PoisednPretty
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same with me, i panic. I exited out and came back and the photos were there but not all my folders.

PoisednPretty
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Did you recently do the update

0 Likes
MsEbonyrose
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yes

0 Likes
MsEbonyrose
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Oh man.

0 Likes
MsEbonyrose
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I just want my pictures

0 Likes
Solution
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Hey, The nomedia file is used in various folders such as operating system data folders and app folders so that when applications like gallery scan internal storage for media files they will see the nomedia file and ignore the folder and not display any media in them . Sometimes the nomedia file is missing from a folder and people report that gallery is displaying folders with images that they didn't add and have no idea where they came from. Removing the nomedia file won't delete any of the photos and the app you're using should display them now. I would restart the phone after removing the nomedia file if the photos don't show up right away. I have a copy of the nomedia in an empty folder just in case I need it for something. CLF
MsEbonyrose
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
how do I hide the front camera after recent update?
0 Likes