JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to find how to change notifications sound

(Topic created: 08-09-2021 05:19 PM)
sugarbritches1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

my Phone settings for notifications is set on factory's sound and now I can't find a option anywhere to change it and it driving me crazy I have a bunch of ringtones please help

17 Replies
Robin621k
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I figured it out, go into settings, scroll down to apps, tap the 3 bars on right corner, there will be a list of 3 things you can do, select Reset app preferences, select ok, it will now let you to pick your app.
sugarbritches1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
ty very much
0 Likes
Je655
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Settings>apps>3 dots>default apps>set as default>media storage>clear default.

Resetting app preferences will clear defaults for every app and will reset any notification, data or permission restrictions you had set.
0 Likes
sugarbritches1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
ty
sugarbritches1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
see at the top it did show my app then beside it was device well I made the option for the app disappear off all my apps options. I have went into each one and tried to change the notifications that way. but there isn't the option to Screenshot_20210809-001116_Media Storage.jpg
0 Likes
sugarbritches1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
but yes I have a different tone for all apps and for contacts. I enjoy knowing who contact me by the ringtones
0 Likes
Solution
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@sugarbritches1

Hey,

When I open sounds and vibration, notification sound it gives me two options as the source for choosing a the default system wide notification sound,sec.sound picker and es file explorer. Below there are two settings, just once and always. 

If I select es file explorer and select always it will set es file explorer as the default action or app when choosing a notification sound. It will no longer offer the option to use sec sound picker. 

To bring back the option to choose sec sound picker or es file explorer. Open system settings, apps, scroll down to the es file explorer app and open it's settings menu. Scroll down to Set As Default and open it. On the new menu tap clear defaults. 

All you need to do is find the app you selected and set to always and clear the defaults. The option to use the third party app you installed will appear again as an option. 

Best regards, 

CLF 

sugarbritches1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
ty