cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

overlapping homescreens

JUMP TO SOLUTION

ok, actually I have an A20.  When I am looking at the home screen, the displays in the upper left and right hand corner (such as the service bars, time, wifi and battery percentage) are like overlapping with a second set of info., like  8:14 is overlapped with the actual time 12:51 and the battery,  45%, is overlapped 89%.  When I start to swipe the screen, one of the sets, the correct info, will swipe and the wrong info is left in place. 

The next issue, is that the screen is too sensitive to my face when talking and will hold, hang up the call. etc. It wont stay blacked out (deactive) for more than a minute or so. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Comet

Re: overlapping homescreens

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is your background a screenshot, this could include the system information when the screenshot was taken

Press the lock button after answering or placing a call, then your phone won't respond to touching your dislplay during a call.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is your background a screenshot, this could include the system information when the screenshot was taken

Press the lock button after answering or placing a call, then your phone won't respond to touching your dislplay during a call.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

omg. How embarrassing. Yes. It was. lol.  ok. New phone, so I don't know where the lock button is. If it's just the single button on the side of the phone, that only works for a few minutes. 

Highlighted
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes the button on the side power/lock. When i lock my screen during a call nothing i can tap on my screen will turn it back on during that call. Are you getting a notification during the call that wakes up your screen maybe.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yup. That one! it just wakes up within a minute or less 

Highlighted
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Im not sure ive never had that problem.

the only other thing i can think of is lift to wake

Settings>advanced features>motion and gestures>lift to wake

But that shouldn't wake your phone unless you have it on a flat surface first.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm going to check that out right now. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Nope. I don't even have that option. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

oh, a notification. I didn't get that part of your question at first. But no, no notifications. Unless it's just one unanswered one so my phone just keeps nagging me about it. IDK. 

Highlighted
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The best information i could find on this isuues was from the s8. There are a few tests and settings recommend in this post that might help.

https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/405323/Phone+screen+won%27t+stay+off+during+call