cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userEZ48ifXMed
Asteroid

phone reset, account verification

my sister gave me her galaxy s7 edge. I reset the phone to factory settings, I am stuck at the point where it asks me to check my account with google: I put the email address, the old phone asks me if I'm trying to log in, I answer yes, at that point the system he asks me again to verify the account via email address and so on.

what am I doing wrong?

5 REPLIES 5
Honored Contributor

Re: phone reset, account verification

@userEZ48ifXMed wrote:

my sister gave me her galaxy s7 edge. I reset the phone to factory settings, I am stuck at the point where it asks me to check my account with google: I put the email address, the old phone asks me if I'm trying to log in, I answer yes, at that point the system he asks me again to verify the account via email address and so on.

what am I doing wrong?

@userEZ48ifXMed 

How did you reset the phone?

userEZ48ifXMed
Asteroid

i follow a guide, someting like, press and hold the volume up and power button.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Hey, 

@userEZ48ifXMed

I'm not sure if this will make sense. Before your sister gave you the S7 did she remove her Google account from the phone?

If not what you might be seeing is Googles factory data reset protection. If that's what it is you might try entering your sister's email address and password for the Google account verification and if that works then follow the rest of the phone setup process.

Once everything is set up you should be able to open the accounts page in system settings and add a new Google account with your email address and password and remove your sister's account. 

It also sounds like you have your old phone turned on and when you enter your Google account information on the S7 the old phone thinks you are trying to sign in to your Google account on it. 

CLF 

userEZ48ifXMed
Asteroid

yes, both assumptions are true, my sister gave me the phone did not cancel the account because she did not feel like having time to do it and it is not very practical, she just told me to delete the data for privacy reasons. I mistakenly thought I could reset it. In addition I already have a phone of the same type and brand that I still use.
so you think that by providing my sister's credentials I should be able to proceed with the restoration and change the account at a later time?

Samsung Care Ambassador

Hey, 

@userEZ48ifXMed

Thank you for the detailed information. I appreciate it.

Yes definitely worth a try. If you used factory data reset to delete the personal data this should work great. I have two Google accounts. I can use either one during the set up process and add the second one later. It works good every time. I hope this will get the S7 up and running. Let us know how this works out.

Thanks, 

CLF