"Mobile data disabled" message then "Unfortunately UI system has stopped working"

Highlighted
Astronaut

"Mobile data disabled" message then "Unfortunately UI system has stopped working"

Hi everyone,

I have a notification on my screen "Mobile data disabled, tap to enable", however when I tap, an error message saying "Unfortunately UI system has stopped working" comes up.

I have wipped cache partition and rebooted the system twice but the error keeps coming up and the mobile data is not working.

Does anyone have any suggestions to solve this issue please?

Thanks,

I

3 REPLIES
Constellation

Re: "Mobile data disabled" message then "Unfortunately UI system has stopped working&

Recently,I have had the same problem. Ever since the latest update everything on my phone is not working like it use to. I'm very unhappy with Samsung. 

Samsung Moderator

Re: "Mobile data disabled" message then "Unfortunately UI system has stopped working"

Hello there folks!

This issue will be resolved with a future update to the Google App, in the meantime uninstall the Google App's updates to restore normal behavior.

1. From the Home Screen select the Apps icon
  2. Select the Settings icon
  3. Navigate to and select Applications/Application Manager
  4. Touch Google app
  5. Touch the menu icon, then Uninstall updates

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Valued Contributor (Elite)

Re: "Mobile data disabled" message then "Unfortunately UI system has stopped working&

userGzNQZ02EKd,
Okay so we have two issues here... 1. Mobile Data not working | 2. System UI has stopped working. We are going to troubleshoot one at a time. Now, I understand that the issue is most likely that because the User Interface is not functioning, the Mobile Data is not working. So first, let's tackle the System UI.
1. So first, the error message you are receiving is coming from Android. This is an 'Error Report' similar to when Window's has errors. So let's breakdown the message. The error message tells us all we need to know about the problem. The System UI (i.e. anything that displays on the screen that can be activated) has stopped working and will not allow any input due to it being unresponsive. Sadly, there is only limited things we can do since it's not just one application.
2. Let's first go to Settings > Applications > Application Manager > Select Menu Button the top right corner (3 dots) > Reset App Preferences.
3. Next let's clear the Cached Data. To do this go to: Settings > Storage > Tap on Cached Data > Delete.
4. Factory Data Reset.
I am sorry there isn't much that you are able to do to resolve this issue. If you are in Warranty, I would ask about replacing it.

Acrillix - Samsung Community Super Contributor Elite Member
Be sure to click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and "This Helped Me" if it's helpful.
My Blog - Guru of the Galaxies: http://guruofthegalaxies.weebly.com/