JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

"phone starting" delay after reboot

(Topic created: 04-10-2019 09:40 AM)
MikeD_66
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Whenever I turn my phone on (i turn it off at night), I will not receive any notifications until I swipe it an unlock it. I can wait 10 minutes after turning it on to swipe and unlock it and at that time I get the message "phone is starting" and then I start to receive notifications. My last 4 phones have been Samsungs and I have never had this issue. Is this normal? Anyone else having this issue?

6 Replies
Solution
Leinz
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The phone is encrypted, and the user's credentials are required to fully boot. You'll actually see this on other phones with Pie. Some apps won't even run until you've entered a PIN/Password. 

I think it's a good security measure. Likewise, you have to enter credentials to access MTP mode. 

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.

View solution in context

MikeD_66
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

That never occured to me but I agree it is a good idea. Thanks for the info.

0 Likes
userVUQGTfKe7z
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This this encryption user selected or straight from the factory. My phone is 3 days old and I've noticed this problem, it makes startup just a bit slower and more annoying.

Options
Galaxy S Phones

Try disabling strong protection in settings

userb8hwUPqpLZ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks for pointing out the option to disable this.

SAMSUNG: You need to adjust this behavior. Turning off encryption in order to get notifications is unacceptable. At the very least we should be able to select a limited amount of "Trusted Apps", that we choose, and not just the pre-installed Samsung apps. Which even limiting to Samsung apps would be an improvement  but as is I find it an incredibly poor decision to give NO notifications, not even with your own phone, messaging and other apps.

This is going to do nothing but encourage the average user to be less secure with their phones.

Badalice11X
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yes. every time I pick up my phone I get "phone is starting." It's taking way to long to access my phone. This Samsung A 50, has never rang more than 3 times since I got it. It was hard enough to answer calls back then; now it's impossible.
0 Likes