cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usergrcFuRwKHm
Astronaut

Re: regular text message conversation changed to chat type S8+

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi. I just want to ask. If you send your message via chat can your message be received as text when the recepient doesn't have wifi or data? Thank you so much

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, just checking in. Do you still require assistance?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userYNesA5faUa
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This only seems to work on some of my texts. Myself, my spouse, and 2 kids all have either S8+'s or S9's yet my texts with one child doesn't show up this way. On the threads that do have it I have the option to turn it off under the 3 dots (upper right corner of each thread) but it doesn't have it to turn on. I like it better for alot of reasons. Anyone know how to turn it on for this thread without messing up the others? 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you please provide me with the model number and software version of your phone?

uservAd2MrcfeJ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

in my Settings, it does not have an option for "Chat".

@SamsungViv wrote:

@uservFj3QLXfKr

Were those options just not there for you or did you set it up as suggested and it didn't help?

userPH3wDeUmM0
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

on the chat setting how do you download pictures?? Mine come pixeliated and I can't find anywhere to accept download.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userPH3wDeUmM0

If you click on the picture to make it full screen there should be an option at the bottom of the screen to Save/Download. If they are coming to you highly pixelated then it's possible that they aren't getting fully to you in the first place though.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just checking in to see if you need any more assistance.

usera6L8rqFST1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does the other person, with a samsung, have to have their chat on in order to see if delivered and such? What about in the automatic setting?

userFF7IHHLntM
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Probably an old thread but....I wouldn't mind the chat feature but sometimes after a message has been sent it disappears like I never wrote it in the 1st place. And of course the recipient never gets it, and yes we both have S7's.