JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Notifications set to silent s10plus

(Topic created: 10-13-2020 09:17 AM)
userGmW6ttdH72
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Issue:  Since the last update my phone has set all notifications to silent including phone calls.  I have reset my phone, restarted and there is no change.  When I check the notifications, they are all set to alert. My sound is turned up, when I turn up the volume nothing is played when it use to play.  There is no noise or even vibrate. Does anyone else have this problem?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out. In your sound settings have your tried to put vibrate while ringing on to see if you get a vibration when you get a call or notification?  When you play any kind of video are you able to hear audio still? Have you been able to test your device in safe mode to see if the symptoms persist? You can do so by following these steps.

Press and hold the power button until power off, restart, and emergency mode show on the screen

Tap and hold on the power off option until it changes to safe mode, then tap on safe mode

The phone will then reboot into safe mode. You will be able to check that it is by a grey transparent box in the bottom left of the screen that says safe mode.

Test your device to see if your notifications will sound properly. If you are still experiencing the symptom, I would recommend wiping the cache partition on the device by following these steps.

Turn off the device.
Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
An 'Installing system update' message may show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
Press Power key to select.
Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
Press the Power key to restart the device.

Let me know if this helps!

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out. In your sound settings have your tried to put vibrate while ringing on to see if you get a vibration when you get a call or notification?  When you play any kind of video are you able to hear audio still? Have you been able to test your device in safe mode to see if the symptoms persist? You can do so by following these steps.

Press and hold the power button until power off, restart, and emergency mode show on the screen

Tap and hold on the power off option until it changes to safe mode, then tap on safe mode

The phone will then reboot into safe mode. You will be able to check that it is by a grey transparent box in the bottom left of the screen that says safe mode.

Test your device to see if your notifications will sound properly. If you are still experiencing the symptom, I would recommend wiping the cache partition on the device by following these steps.

Turn off the device.
Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
An 'Installing system update' message may show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
Press Power key to select.
Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
Press the Power key to restart the device.

Let me know if this helps!