Original topic:

s20 ultra not updating

(Topic created on: 12/26/20 10:05 PM)
luciana
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Still can't get the update.  Unlocked the phone from AT&T due to cloning issues, went to Verizon with it, and still will not receive updates.  Tried FOTA and Smart Switch.  Im lost and about to jump ship.  Never owned a fruit phone before but it has to be better than this I have been dealing with since the first of Aug.  Loved this phone from April to August then it went to hell.  3 replacements, 3 numbers, 6 sim cards, and now 2 carriers and the phone is still trash.  I have 2 carrier unlocked s20 ultra in my lap and neither work correctly. Awesome guys thanks for the $3400 worth of headaches.  Any help guys?

0 Likes
11 Replies
Options
Galaxy S Phones
whats not updating, the new OS, the new home ui 3.0, Google play protect, Google play services, biometrics security, security in general?
0 Likes
luciana
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
OS, biometrics, and home UI
0 Likes
Ekamek
Sun
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You will not get any updates/upgrade while using a Verizon SIM card in an AT&T phone or vice versa. Easier way is to get an AT&T SIM card, insert it, update via Wi-Fi then remove it and carry on. Permanent option is to flash it to AT&T U1, then Verizon U1 or U. Check sammobile.com or xda-developer sites for details on flashing. I primarily use sammobile.com for all software downloads.
0 Likes
luciana
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have tried to replace the sim since you advised and to of no luck. it says update interrupted check again in 24hrs.
0 Likes
Ekamek
Sun
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Is that the same error you were getting? I will suggest backing up data, do a factory reset then try to update. You may try wiping the cache partition by pressing and holding Volume Up and side key until you see Samsung logo, then release the side key (Bixby button) while continuing to hold the Volume Up key until you get to the recovery screen. Use volume down to move to wipe cache partition and side key to select it. Use volume up to move to reboot then side key again to select it.
0 Likes
luciana
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have factory reset this particular ultra probably 17 times ( no exaggeration), there has been so many problems with it that ATT has replaced this phone 3 times. but to no help. it does an update and goes back to normal. but that is for another day when you can hear the story of the haunted phone. So resets and cache clearing will not fix it. but my question is with as many resets as I have done and didn't backup all of them, but I did most. what type of problems can that cause?
0 Likes
Ekamek
Sun
Options
Galaxy S Phones
If it does allow update after wiping cache partition, do a reset and try again. Please BACKUP YOUR DATA BEFORE YOU RESET. Not sure you flash it or know anyone that can flash the software for you.
0 Likes
luciana
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
also I have never flashed software before. I do not know anyone personally that can. but I do learn. very quickly and am willing to learn
if someone would be willing to talk me through it if they had time. and if for some reason I screw it up, guess what?!! I have another brand new s20 ultra with similar problems as well, just not as in depth. soo....
0 Likes
Ekamek
Sun
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Go to xda-developer site or sammobile.com (I use sammobile.com for most of my downloads) for instructions on how to flash Samsung galaxy phones. There are other sites but most will take you to sammobile.com for software download
0 Likes