Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Silvermoon88
Constellation

s7 LED indicator color

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dear All,

I just got my Samsung S7 Edge recently. And, I am wondering how many colors the S7 Edge LED indicator has.

Since I got the phone on my hand, I only see red, green, blue, and yellow (occasionally).

I checked on the Samsung support website (link below), it only stated that Samsung devices only provide blue, red, and green.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00026353/249314/

Therefore, I would like to make sure with any of you who uses S7 Edge out there. Are there any other colors beside red, green, and blue? Do we have a white indicator light on S7 Edge?

Thank you reading this thread. Any help will be appreciated. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SamsungNiki
Cosmic Ray

Re: s7 LED indicator color

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @Silvermoon88,

Welcome to the our Samsung Community. We're happy to have you here!  Blue, red, and green are the default LED colors. If you would like more options, we'd suggest that you utilize a 3rd party application.

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
SamsungNiki
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @Silvermoon88,

Welcome to the our Samsung Community. We're happy to have you here!  Blue, red, and green are the default LED colors. If you would like more options, we'd suggest that you utilize a 3rd party application.

View solution in original post

Silvermoon88
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dear Samsung Niki,

Thanks for reply. I don't think I would need to dowload third party apps to have another color for the notification lights right now. The default colors are enough. Thank you so much for the help anyway Smiley Happy 

Sincerely,

Moonbreaker

userSoLlKW4n3g
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What are samsungs defaults for led colors?

userbhNy3PFvbS
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Facebook, gmail and almost any other notification not mentioned here, including Stock App notifications will trigger the dark blue led.

Twitter = light blue

Snapchat = Yellow

Kik = Green

Low battery or currently charging = Red

Battery full and charger still plugged in = Green

These are just some of the more common indicators I know. You can actually customize the led indicator colors based on which app they came from with the use of a third party app.

Hope this helps!

userkPIL2g0gSw
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Answer the question, he asked. what do the colors mean?  So they default, default of what....smh

SeaGreen
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
  • Blue - the blue LED either appears to be pulsing or blinking. A pulsing blue light indicator means that the device is turning on or off. A blinking blue light indicator on the other hand indicates that you have an unread notification, missed call, or messages. A blinking blue light also shows when you are voice recording on your device.
  • Red - the red LED appears to be glowing or blinking. When you see a glowing red light indicator, it means that your device is connected to a charger and charging. Meanwhile, if it is a blinking red, it means that your device is connected to a charger but not charging. A blinking red indicator also appears when your device is low on battery.
  • Purple - just like the red LED, the purple LED also appears to be glowing or blinking. When you see a glowing purple light indicator, it means that your Yahoo account has some unread mail.

I use a Samsung S7 Edge. Safe to assume I have not manipulated anything. Quite seriously I don't know how.

EdZ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What does each color mean? Red>charging, Blue>charged, Green>(??? I have green now and its only 68%).

The6uest
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm curious about this too because sometimes it will blink blue when I have a notification but sometimes it blinks green.  Then in rare cases I'll get a yellow blink as others mentioned.  Even the color of the blue blink is not always the same.  Usually it's a deep blue but other times it looks light blue.

I didn't know that 3rd party apps could affect the color so I'll see if I can determine what colors go with which apps.

Drum-edges7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi "The 6uest"

The blue light flashes notifications for email, apps wanting to be updated, etc... 

The green light flashes to notify you that you have txt message or a voice-mail . Solid green when charge is complete.

Red shows while your phone is charging. These are the lights I've experienced so far....

And although I've only had my phone now about 3 weeks, I haven't seen a yellow light so far ever show up. (And I don't claim to be an expert regarding The S 7 Edge, so I can't tell you if that is "normal.")

I will say though, that a yellow light usually means "caution !"  

So that being said.... maybe Samsung could be the first to develop a yellow "CAUTION" light, to let the user know that the phone has detected something "shady" going on!!! (Great idea, yeah?) 😉

Anyway, hope this helped you out at least a little!??? 

Cheers!