cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Subhani92
Asteroid

s7 Phone Call Audio not working and Volume Up Key as well

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have Galaxy S7 SG-930. Last week its Phone Call Audio stopped working in strange way:

1. Call audio is audible on Speakers only. No Call Audio in Headpiece, Headphones or Bluetooth

2. Music sound is audible on speakers and bluetooth, but not on headphones.

3. Whatsapp audio message audible on Speakers and Bluetooth only. Not headphones and headpeice. 

4. *#0*# shows Received Audio and Low Frequency only on BlueTooth but no Audio on headpiece and headphone

Terminologies:

Headpiece means phone receive (from where we listen normal calls)

Headphone means wired headphone with 3.5mm jacks

Speakers means Phone builtin speakers for Music and loudspeakers etc

Bluetooth is V4.0 handsfree headphones

I also tried factory reset from setting but issue is not resolved. 

KGS
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: s7 Phone Call Audio not working and Volume Up Key as well

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In this case, definitely reach out to Samsung directly to set up an evaluation and repair. Naturally you can also reach out to your service provider to see if they have a different option you might like more or maybe someone here in the Community has some other ideas!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @Subhani92. I'm glad you reached out here with your concern.
I certainly want to assist you further with this matter. To better do that, can the Community have some added details about your specific device and this concern? Things that will help the most would be the exact  Baseband version (under Settings>About Device) for your device as well as your service provider. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Subhani92
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks SamsungViv for the response. Please see images for phone details.

Screenshot_20170926-203124.png

Screenshot_20170926-203117.png

KGS
Subhani92
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Some more info is attached

KGS
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Considering the troubleshooting you did, the things that I can suggest are pretty few and far between. Out of curiosity, you did state that you did a factory reset, but did you run the device without restoring data first to see if things were working again? If you restored all of that before testing the device then it could still be a problem with what's on the phone.

Subhani92
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are right regarding data restoring, I couldn't checked the phone before restoring after 1st Hard Reset. Now I once again did it and this time I removed the sim tray as well to avoid any type of data activity. But still no good news. I tried *#0*# but no audio in Receiver and Low Frequency. Also I tried *#7353# and again no audio under Melody (which was suppose to come from receive) but for Speakers (loud Speakers) option plays music.

After inserting the SIM I tried call but still no audio in phone receive. Only Speakers has call audio as before.

Bluetooth still same, only music is auible no call niether phone nor whatsapp.

I am not restoring data till any further instructions from you experts.

KGS
Subhani92
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Normally Volume Up is not working but when I shutdown and start mobile with Volume Up, it went into Update mode. From there I again did factory reset as well as cache delete but still issue not solved.

I tried to reboot in recovery but every time its booting to normal.

Power+Volume Down+Home is not working where as
Power+Volume Up+Home is working :s

Please note, Volume Up is not working in Android normal operation
KGS
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In this case, definitely reach out to Samsung directly to set up an evaluation and repair. Naturally you can also reach out to your service provider to see if they have a different option you might like more or maybe someone here in the Community has some other ideas!

View solution in original post

Subhani92
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have visited Samsung Official Service center as my set is less than 1 year old and under 2 years warranty. Samsung informed me that the mobile had Liquid Damage so it will cost around 400$ to check it. I asked them to reset or update its firmware and try to resolve this issue using software instead of complete hardware replacement as its working fine on speakers not on headphone and Bluetooth. They will update me today regarding software reset.

Overall its very disappointing response of Samsung . Its IP68 set and never used in deep water then how can they void Warranty for LDI and not attending other issue until I will pay 400$ (Which is more than cost of brand new S7). This is not 1st case here, one of my friend here had same response for his S7 charging issue even though he never brought his set near to water but Warranty was refused for same LDI.
KGS
Subhani92
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Just got call from Samsung, they are saying that its Audio IC is LD so can't solve under warranty. Samsung charging 400$ while local market estimate is 100$. Still Question is how IP68 set got LDI....

I am using Galaxy since S2. My feeling is that its reliability is falling with each new set. Its time to taste Apple now Smiley Wink

Thanks
KGS