cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userdp4XAoNxcH
Constellation

s7 edge is hiding contacts somewhere that I want to delete

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When I started working for my boss, I had to link his google acct to my phone. It automatically linked all his 700 contacts. They are now hiding somewhere in my phone. They ONLY appear in my texting app. I have tried downloading other text apps and it immediatly uses that database. 

I have gone to settings, accounts, google- and unsynced all but gmail. (removed contacts, people details, drive, etc.) Didn't work.

I went into the texting app and clicked setttings, but there is nothing for contacts. However in the app there is a tab for texting and a tab for contacts. I can see all 700 there, but there is no way to delete them, just add them to a text. You can't even view them to see what account or phone database they are held in. 

If I go to contacts, settings, you can see that only my account with about 50 people is synced. I even went so far as to sync the other accounts and delete the contacts, then unsync it. Yet they are still hidden somewhere in my texting app.

However, when I go to contacts and I go to Merge, you can see some of them that have a verizon symbol next to it. Yet there is NO verizon account synced. I went to apps, went to verizon cloud, and I have unsynced contacts. And I dont know any way to even find them. When I change the database to verizon contacts there are no contacts there to remove. 

Uggghh! How do I find them? I feel like I looked everywhere!

Thanks. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: s7 edge is hiding contacts somewhere that I want to delete

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Greetings,

Are you using the stock messaging app when the contacts are appearing in the texting app? Also, I recommend double-checking your sync settings. If you try unsync the account, Does the contacts disappear?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Greetings,

Are you using the stock messaging app when the contacts are appearing in the texting app? Also, I recommend double-checking your sync settings. If you try unsync the account, Does the contacts disappear?

View solution in original post

userdp4XAoNxcH
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, I am using the stock app, but I have tried many text apps and they all take on the same contacts list. I prefer the stock app. Its clean, easy, pretty, and no ads.

I went ahead and un-synced all the google accounts. That narrowed it down to 116 contacts from the 700. So I slowly added back the synced accounts I wanted and sure enough, we are still down to 116!

So, it worked!! Thanks

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm glad it worked for you!