cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: s7 edge rear camera glass broken

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine just did this today is there a new galaxy s phone coming out soon?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem. Is it related to heat? I went on a long run with the device then when driving in my car I noticed the glass had shattered. As described it wasn't a crack, it had completely shattered around the camera. I did not drop the phone. I've owned the phone for 3 days. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In the case of my s7 edge I do not think heat was a factor, but from what other people have posted it appears that the heat generated from charging may have been. I'm so sorry that this happened to you after owning the phone only 3 days. My camera lense cover broke after having the phone approx. 6 weeks. The other s7 edge that my husband got the same day as mine is still OK under the same conditions as my phone.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Okay so for your back camera, its actully a hard plastic and not glass, they do thay because of the camera is still sticking out a tiny bit when it comes to setting your phone down on the table or a flat surface. The plastic was put in to take away the chance for glass to break or be scratched, go to your carrier and see what can be done, dont open the phone yourself other wise it wont be water resistant anymore

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Okay so for your back camera, its actully a hard plastic and not glass, they do thay because of the camera is still sticking out a tiny bit when it comes to setting your phone down on the table or a flat surface. The plastic was put in to take away the chance for glass to break or be scratched, go to your carrier and see what can be done, dont open the phone yourself other wise it wont be water resistant anymore

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This same thing happened to me!! I just got the phone a couple months ago and got my phone out and realized the  camera screen broke,it has never been dropped, I never put it in my back pocket and it has a good case on it. There is a perfect shattered circle around the lens and the support team said there is nothing they can do and that I will have to pay for repairs when clearly this is a manufacturing defect, This is my first Galaxy experience and I am very disappointed.  

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Please upload a picture if you can. I wish I had thought of it. I think it would be important to show others we are not making this up. Do you have the Perfect round circle of the glass that turnedto shards?
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Had my S7 edge two weeks pulled it out to take a picture and the camera lens glass was broken. Well it was shattered  in a circular shape. Phone was in an otter box. I didn't drop the phone or anything else nothing was in my pocket. Verizon said I could buy another phone. That's BS. I say it's a design flaw

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here, Samsung said the tech team will examine and if they think is your fault, they will go ahead and charge you. Incredible...I had the similar problem with my previous ipad after bought it for a month. Apple even overnight the shipping box for me and replace a new ipad, no question asked. Sigh...

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just had this same problem happen to with my S7 today only 3 months old pretty much babied my phone and kept in its otterbox woke up this morning to see my camera screen busted. 

Due to the amount of BS people have dealing with and not wanting wait weeks without a phone I am pretty much considering going to a 3Rd party store having them replace the glass. I hope the don't use the same material as Samsung used. 

I will update to see if Roger's (my carrier) or Wow mobile (place I bought from) will do anything before going 3rd party.