Asteroid

Re: s7 edge rear camera glass broken

JUMP TO SOLUTION
What is it?
Jstoner
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem here! Never dropped my s7 edge once! Phone just over a month old and I contact Samsung and they are making me pay $71.00 to get fixed claiming it's my fault for being negligent..I really used to love Samsung and had their phones for years but I believe if they cannot see its their problem and we shouldn't have you pay then I believe this is my last Samsung sadly..

Does anyone know of any avenues to take to get this resolved at their expense and nothe mine? Please respond..thank you

orianna2ramos
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey the exact same thing has happened to me!!! the glass broke without falling down!!! I was in Nara, Japan, walking in one long street, took a picture (the camera was totally fine). Put the phone in my pocket, walked max 100 m further, took the phone out to take another picture and realized I could not focused, turned the phone around to clean the camera and surprise!!! the glass was broken our of the blue!! (ABSOLUTELY sure the phone did not fall down). This should be covered by the warranty

M4panther
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Please post a picture if you can. It would help.
Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We greatly value our community and pride ourselves on listening to feedback. We have taken this very seriously and investigated the reports to ensure there is not a widespread issue that needs to be addressed. After further investigation we are pleased to report that these incidents appear to be isolated and rare among the very large number of devices currently in the market, so our owners can feel secure with the strength and integrity of our camera glass.

prerunner
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wow, so you are actively denying it's an issue? I had to buy a new refrigerator and the two I was considering were GE and a Samsung. I actively chose not to buy the Samsung because of the way you're treating this phone situation. You should be accepting responsibility for the design flaw and shipping every one of us a new phone. Not telling us it's all in our imagination.

prerunner
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also sent a note to gizmag to see if they would investigate. Samsung is treating their customers like trash.

orianna2ramos
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So, let me get this straight... if you sell millions of this phone, and maybe a couple hundred people get this issue... you don't care at all???? open your eyes, the glass is breaking WITHOUT falling down. Are you going to wash your hands clean of it, because the percentage is not bigger????

MissDeliana
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well

@SamsungShan wrote:

We greatly value our community and pride ourselves on listening to feedback. We have taken this very seriously and investigated the reports to ensure there is not a widespread issue that needs to be addressed. After further investigation we are pleased to report that these incidents appear to be isolated and rare among the very large number of devices currently in the market, so our owners can feel secure with the strength and integrity of our camera glass.

Well it can't be THAT isolated. I live in Sweden, bought my phone in Sweden two weeks ago and it happened to me as well. 

Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you guys post a photo of the broken camera glass . Wondering if the pattern of breakage can help identify the root cause somehow. 

So far looked like most of them are broken right from the center out. 

Superman on Galaxy S7 SM-G930T, T-Mobile, Baseband:G930TUVY3APIA
To OP: click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.