Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: s7 edge rear camera glass broken

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Superman wrote:

Can you guys post a photo of the broken camera glass . Wondering if the pattern of breakage can help identify the root cause somehow. 

So far looked like most of them are broken right from the center out. 

Sure. This is is my S7.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Exactly how mine looked. Center became tiny shards of glass
Highlighted
Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@6004 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Replace-back-camera-glass-lens-adhesive-for-Samsung-Galaxy-S7-G9300-Edge-G93...

you can do it yourself too but just make sure you know that self repair voids your warranty and I'm not sure how good this replacement glass will seal ( water proof part).

Superman on Galaxy S7 SM-G930T, T-Mobile, Baseband:G930TUVY3APIA
To OP: click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Please post a picture if you can.
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@MissDeliana wrote:

@Superman wrote:

Can you guys post a photo of the broken camera glass . Wondering if the pattern of breakage can help identify the root cause somehow. 

So far looked like most of them are broken right from the center out. 

Sure. This is is my S7.

Yep - we all seem to match.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Rare and Isolated? it happened to 2 of my phones, with cases! I want a new phone I dont want my phone repaired. but guess what. I have a $2000 Samsung Gas Dryer, and a $1400 Samsung Washer in a home I just purchased. I am doing a kithcen remodel, I had already gone to HD to pick out ALL my new kitchen appliences. I picked out all samsung appliences to match my home. over $10,000.

I am going back tonight and will go with anything but Samsung. So, joke is on you. over cheaping out on a $700 phone. you lost $10k. That is a great way to treat your customers.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungShan wrote:

We greatly value our community and pride ourselves on listening to feedback. We have taken this very seriously and investigated the reports to ensure there is not a widespread issue that needs to be addressed. After further investigation we are pleased to report that these incidents appear to be isolated and rare among the very large number of devices currently in the market, so our owners can feel secure with the strength and integrity of our camera glass.

It may be isolated, but it's happening to a lot of people who paid good money for a phone that they believed was well made. I held on to my old Samsung 3 until this spring and one of the reasons why I bought the s7edge is bacuse that old S3 phone was so sturdy and reliable. Even though the battery was nothing to brag about, nothing ever went wrong with it! I also have a Samsung tablet that I love. So, you can imagine my disappointment when the camera glass shattered for no reason. 

At this point, my willingness to purchase another Samsung product is not good. It isn't the $70 repair that I am being charged for that bothers me as much as Samsung's refusal to admit that some of these phones were made with defective glass.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If the phenomenon is so isolated, you should have no problem handing out a couple dozen phones to keep your customers ecstatic with pride and joy.

If, instead, you worry that the problem Is widespread, deny deny deny.

Know your audience, no one *here* is "pleased" that these incidents have affected US. And no one here is "secure with the strength and integrity" of squat.

I've already told several people who were making S7 purchasing decisions what happened to my camera glass, this word of mouth alone should worry you. I guess you'd prefer that reports "go viral" rather than nipping them in the bud.

If I were Samsung, I'd be sending people here Next Day Air Early AM replacements phones (this is the way companies *used to* behave) with return mailers for the broken phomes in order to leverage your user base for specimens that have broken.

And what of the people that decide to not get the glass fixed, how easy it is now for them to *show* all their friends their spontaneously broken camera lens. Do you want such visible examples of your product out there on display and review?

How many broken sample phones have you used in your investigation? If I were Samsung I'd want as many specimens as possible in order to learn as much as I could about this phenomenon. What would it cost you? $50,000? How much does a single printed magazine advert cost you?

Dont cut off your nose to spite your face. Set up a webpage to collect information about the phones in question. Do you even know the serial numbers of the phones reported here? This really seems to be poorly handled on Samsung's part.

BTW, I too have a kitchen renovation in the next 12 months.

#getacluesamsung

JPF

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well said, JPF. I'd like to echo your comments by sharing my experience with Apple, which they did exactly like what you said and it was an extremely pleasant process.

First, the Apple customer agent was very helpful and agreed to repair my one-week old Ipad with no charge. The next day after I called in, I got an "overnight shipped" box from Apple, with instructions how to package my device for return.

After few days, I got a surprise call from Apple, telling me that they will replace a brand new Ipad for me. Within the same week problem solved.

7 days, 1 out-going call, 1 in-coming call, hassle-free, charges-free. Extremely happy customer.

That was how Apple helped a customer on a $300 device, compared to Samsung Galaxy S7 (how much we paid again?)

*I too have shared my poor exeperince with Samsung to my family, friends and colleagues. I need to let people who I cared, to know what's their risk when buying a Samsung product.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
My wife is due for an upgrade and she's not liking the S7 at all