cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: s7 edge rear camera glass broken

JUMP TO SOLUTION
No, that's how the break just happened. Just a little hole. I did notice little tiny shards of glass in my pocket too after I first noticed the break
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am researching this as mine has done the same thing.  I was going to have someone repair it and they said they have heard of this and I should contact Verizon as its a design flaw.  I clearly didn't drop the phone!!!

@emiliojr11 wrote:

i just realixed that the glass ther protrudes on the rear camera of the s7 edge is shattered in a perfect circle around the lens. The phone has a military grade case, and has never been dropped. I went to take a shower and left it on the window sill. As i retraced my steps, i went back to the window sill and sure enough there are little pieces of glass, as if the glass literally began disintegrating. Costumer support is saying that it is my fault, that i may have dropped the phone, but i can assure anyone that the phone was and has not been dropped. The entire phone is made out of glass, if i would have dropped it, i believe more of the phone would have been damaged not just a perfect circular ahnialation of glass from the camera. Verizon wants to charge me more than what i paid for to replace the phone that is literally a month old, and Samsung wants to charge me to send my business phone to get it repaired. Anyone have any idea what i can do to alleviate this problem? 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung will insist its your problem same as your service provider even if you can prove that it wasn't your fault i would recommend just taking out the glass your self with tweezers and ordering a new piece of glass for the camera it costs $10-$15 and is on ebay and amazon this i found was the cheapest option cause most places either wouldn't fix it or insisted on replacing the camera as well which costs around $100 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Please post a picture of it
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Yup no sign of other physical damage right? Exactly what mine looked like
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine cracked the same too. Funny is, it's even same from Verizon...

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please post a picture if you can 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Photo of my Samsung s7 with broken rear camera glass. Radial cracking occurred spontaneously. No external cause. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Is there any sign of damage to bezel?