cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: s7 edge rear camera glass broken

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing happen to me. Same response. I am disappointed and insulated by my carrier and Samsung. Yes I paid out of pocket only because I love the Samsung Galaxy phones but hold a lot of anger that probably change to another company. I feel disrespected went told that the phone was dropped well show me the damage.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My wife's phone had the same thing happen - rear camera lense cover shattered while sitting on the counter charging, phone 5 weeks old, never been dropped, always in its case, etc....  Verizon very unhelpful, she currently has Samsung repairing it for their $70 price.  I don't think we should be paying for the repair, nor should we be losing the warranty for what is a clear design flaw.  Have pictures of the damage and am interested in further followup with both Samsung and Verizon on this.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Me too!  Definitely a design flaw!  Poor glass qualityou. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does anyone know if tweezing all the broken glass out clears the camera focus and images?

I don't have time to send it for repair yet since I'm headed on vacation but would like clear vacation pics. Currently the glass remains as attached image shows. Thanks. 

And thanks to sleepless for checking on class action. Good luck to everyone. Did anyone call tier 2 support phone listed in my chat transcript? 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That will do nothing.  The camera is designed to focus through the glass.  Best thing to try is to get the phone warranteed. Explain that there is no sign of a drop and there are other complaints about this same circumstances. 

Good luck

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
That will do nothing. The camera is designed to focus through the glass. Best thing to try is to get the phone warranteed. Explain that there is no sign of a drop and there are other complaints about this same circumstances
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Where are you located? I called Fix Mobile in Durham, NH and they ordered the glass. It was in the next day and the switch took about 2 minutes. The glass is glued in. The tech pried it out, cleaned the lens, and stuck the new glass on. He charged $45. You can probably order the glass for $10 and do it yourself. I couldn't believe how simple it was. I took a picture immediately after and the focus was perfect again.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We need to open a case... 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had that same thought! Samsung does not understand if they admit there is a problem fix it and their customers will appreciate their honesty and remain loyal to their product

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Right now, it is a revenue stream for Samsung and their authorised repairers.  

Why fix it, until it starts to hurt their wallet.    

Not only are they selling a dodgy product, they are tarnishing the reputations of those who have published reviews of the S7 as being a great product.    I have written to a few of the authors and expressed my concern their reviews are not thorough enough to reflect the truth and pointed them to this blog.    Hopefully some 'independents' start investigating and report their finds.  Also, I would expect only a small fraction of customers would post on this site.