cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: s7 edge rear camera glass broken

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Another dissapointer customer here.  I was just looking through the photos/videos I made yesterday and suddenly a crack sound. I sitched to the camera and it was all blurry and when I looked on the back of the phone I see the little window shattered in a web like pattern and sucked in like it was vacuumed.

QUESTION: Can you guys now take normal photos without this layer?  Or does it serve the role of another lens and that's why it's blurry?

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Can you post a picture of your damage?
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I will when I get a good camera to take it with. Probably a few hours.
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I pulled the glass mostly out around the lense and it's blurry and will not focus is assume it plays a role in the clarity

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Another sad part would be the service; apparently the "samsung international warranty" is not so global and no authorized service wants to repair it around here (even if I give them money). I bought it from US and I am currently in Europe. Who would've guessed... a little piece of glass MAY NOT BE COMPATIBLE with the region differences??? It's not like I asked for a gsm module or processor change(which honestly aren't different anyways), but for real... what's up with this Samsung?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

They need to fix this issue with this phone it's sad when people who depend on the camera for their job and this is what happens heck if they don't want to service this issue then they could at least send us the parts and instructions on how to do it ourselves or at least help us find the parts. 

Here's a couple of pics of mine been in otterbox since day one 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just to quote directly from Samsung response, captured from live chat:

"I would like to inform you that there are no reported issues with the phone rear camera lens cracking."

"As of now we dont have a reported issues with us."

"As per Samsung Policy, any physical/liquid damage will void the warranty on the device."

"The service will be a paid service."

If you ever contact Samsung about this problem, you will get to hear this Samsung Policy, in chat (in bold by default when the agent copy-paste it) or also in voice support. Nice policy there!

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

then it's time to move on... Samsung starts to grow in misery pretty much like China and will soon implode just like my lens.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I think we should start a discussion about what other manufacturer's phones offer the best value and features. The Moto G4 is looking pretty good right about now. Who else is considering another phone? Samsung, are you listening?