cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: s7 edge rear camera glass broken

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm inclined to agree thought I bought from a company that stood behind their productsSmiley Mad

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you live in new York like I do, you can go to the samsung store in lower Manhattan and they usually charge a small fee and replace it within an hour. When my s6 edge lens broke they charged me $45 and got it back to me in a hour 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The thing is that while it's not hella expensive to go to a phone repair place and get it fixed, and not even that difficult to do yourself, it WILL void the warranty.

I had my phone for less than two weeks before this happened to me, and it is apparant that this is not a user generated error but a design and/or manufacturing flaw. This is not on us to fix, but on Samsung.

Voiding the warranty on a 2 week old $700 product because of a design/manufacturing flaw is not something I am willing to do.

And please let's not forget that Samsung has commented in this thread, claiming that they are taking the reports seriously. (Albeit they tried to make it sound like it's not a real issue...)  This makes me wonder why so many are having problems getting their cameras fixed through their warranty. Is there no internal communication regarding manufacturing errors of their products?

Samsung is also saying that this seems to be an isolated issue, but more and more samsung owners are posting about this issue, yet Samsung still hasn't made sure to help their customers with this issue. 

Just because an issue is rare, doesn't mean it isn't real, so it might be in Samsungs best interest to actually start fixing this issue. I can absolutely accept that a manufacturing flaw happens,  but a company completely ignoring the customers who get faulty products is not something I am going to accept. 

Like someone else wrote in this thread earlier: be aware of your rights as a consumer. This is on Samsung, not on you. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing happened to me, my phone is currently being repaired for $71.  This has to be some type of manufacturer defect and it is very annoying that Samsung is ignoring this issue. As of now this thread alone has about 200 replies which should signal some type of problem to Samsung. Hopefully they fix this problem with future devices and reimburse us who've paid to have it fixed already.  

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did not have to pay Samsung anything to repair my device. I escalated the issue all the way to the top with both tmobile as well as Samsung. Push the issue and refuse to pay. This is a product flaw that they need to admit fault for ad well as make the public aware. But the public must make the public aware as well. They freaked out as I tagged them on facebook and twitter and threatened to sue. I refuse to be taken advatage of by a company that makes billions off hard working citizens and then tries to blame the end user. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same exact issue for me.  Took a picture at 8:20am and then another at 11:50am and noticed that one was blurry.  Lens shattered.  Spigen case on my phone and did not drop it or even sit it down in those 3 hours.  In my pocket with nothing else. Ridiculous.  Samsung says they are unaware of it and cant read this "3rd party" forum with everyone else having the issue.  It had to come from a drop or external pressure they say. I had to submit a claim through Asurion for $200.  Awesome.  Thanks Samsung.  

Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Can you please post a picture?
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Another GS7 camera broken in the same manner.  I'm with TMO and I've already called them on the phone and visited a TMO store.  At least the guy at the store said that I might be able to get the glass fixed at a repair shop that also fixes screens.

I came back home and thankfully found this thread as well as links to the other threads full of people with the same issue, as well as links to YouTube videos, should it come down to me repairing the phone.  My girlfriend said to relax some and we'll go to a Samsung store (NYC metro area) and see what they say about getting it fixed.

Fortunately, I kept my Galaxy Note 4, so I won't be missing any calls if I have to send the phone away, but Samsung's reluctance to acknowledge this as a flaw or known issue is causing my confidence in them to further erode.  I've pretty much decided I want a Note 7, but how they respond to me in what appears to definitely be a known issue, will decide whether I give them any more of my money or not.

You'll see in the pictures, no damage and the phone sitting inside of its Spigen case, the same as others in this thread.  Wish me luck as I go to the store and talk to Samsung support in other means.  Thank all of you for this thread and the links to the other threads on this issue.20160726_182421.jpg20160726_182433.jpg20160726_182458.jpg

Highlighted
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@DistantYardbird wrote:

Another GS7 camera broken in the same manner.  I'm with TMO and I've already called them on the phone and visited a TMO store.  At least the guy at the store said that I might be able to get the glass fixed at a repair shop that also fixes screens.

I came back home and thankfully found this thread as well as links to the other threads full of people with the same issue, as well as links to YouTube videos, should it come down to me repairing the phone.  My girlfriend said to relax some and we'll go to a Samsung store (NYC metro area) and see what they say about getting it fixed.

Fortunately, I kept my Galaxy Note 4, so I won't be missing any calls if I have to send the phone away, but Samsung's reluctance to acknowledge this as a flaw or known issue is causing my confidence in them to further erode.  I've pretty much decided I want a Note 7, but how they respond to me in what appears to definitely be a known issue, will decide whether I give them any more of my money or not.

You'll see in the pictures, no damage and the phone sitting inside of its Spigen case, the same as others in this thread.  Wish me luck as I go to the store and talk to Samsung support in other means.  Thank all of you for this thread and the links to the other threads on this issue.20160726_182421.jpg20160726_182433.jpg20160726_182458.jpg

A NOTE 7 SOUNDS TASTY. IM JEALOUS IF YOU CAN AFFORD A 1000.00 DEVICE. I THOUGHT THE EDGE WAS EXPENSIVE,AND MARK MY WORDS, its above 925...waitn see or not. im stayin with s7edge in whole or pieces

im onthedge
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Onthedge wrote:

@DistantYardbird wrote:

A NOTE 7 SOUNDS TASTY. IM JEALOUS IF YOU CAN AFFORD A 1000.00 DEVICE. I THOUGHT THE EDGE WAS EXPENSIVE,AND MARK MY WORDS, its above 925...waitn see or not. im stayin with s7edge in whole or pieces

In that case, I might be saving my money either way LOL