Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Halo

Re: s7 edge rear camera glass broken

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@phess wrote:

Same exact issue for me.  Took a picture at 8:20am and then another at 11:50am and noticed that one was blurry.  Lens shattered.  Spigen case on my phone and did not drop it or even sit it down in those 3 hours.  In my pocket with nothing else. Ridiculous.  Samsung says they are unaware of it and cant read this "3rd party" forum with everyone else having the issue.  It had to come from a drop or external pressure they say. I had to submit a claim through Asurion for $200.  Awesome.  Thanks Samsung.  

help me see the light. i have samsung protection plus and deductable is 99/ why you paying 200.

im onthedge
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Photo attached.  That was after I removed some glass so I could still try to take pics over the weekend.  Asurion through Verizon monthly vs up front with Samsung.  Also covers loss/theft and you have a replacement phone the next day,  which is big for me due to work reasons.  Another reason is I dont need a 2 year plan when Im on  a schedule to upgrade every year with Verizon.  I shouldnt be paying anything regardless. 

Highlighted
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@phess wrote:

Photo attached.  That was after I removed some glass so I could still try to take pics over the weekend.  Asurion through Verizon monthly vs up front with Samsung.  Also covers loss/theft and you have a replacement phone the next day,  which is big for me due to work reasons.  Another reason is I dont need a 2 year plan when Im on  a schedule to upgrade every year with Verizon.  I shouldnt be paying anything regardless. 

that made sense, that you pay 200/mines assurant, but through samsung. either way, its worth it, and will you get a replacement instead of repair.

im onthedge
Highlighted
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

my god and no impact. IM WONDERING WHEN EVERY S7 WILL HAVE ALL SHATTER.

im onthedge
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Zero impact.  Im **bleep** careful with my phone as its very important for my job. Its been very hot and humid here in PA the last 2 weeks and thats honestly my best guess at this.  I didnt trust any kind of fix to maintain the waterproofing which is nice just incase.  If this happens on my replacement I will not stop fighting it until Im not paying for another phone. 

Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@phess wrote:

Zero impact.  Im **bleep** careful with my phone as its very important for my job. Its been very hot and humid here in PA the last 2 weeks and thats honestly my best guess at this.  I didnt trust any kind of fix to maintain the waterproofing which is nice just incase.  If this happens on my replacement I will not stop fighting it until Im not paying for another phone. 

KUDOS TO YOU. its a frying pan in dc here. maybe we all will get a rebate for defective glass.

im onthedge
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please note that if you claimed from Asurion through Verizon Total Mobile Protection, even after you pay the deductible of 149, you might only get a 'certified like-new unit' from them. There's no guarantee that they will replace with a brand new unit. I called Verizon couple of times to confirm and also read it from Asurion Insurance Policy. Basically it's a rubbish policy for a new phone. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Correct its pretty much a refurb,  but Ill take it over a repair.  Either way the situation is *** no matter how you look at it. 

Highlighted
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

the good news is that im sure they will assure the os is working top drawer and no glass defects under a microscope. ANYONEEEEEEEEE HERE do search on web on shattered screens and cameras, itll blow your mind. SERIOUS FLAW WITH ALL S7S. just waiting to look at mine not because im ugly, just because fates that way, and it will crack. i dont get it/ THE ACTIVE FAILED WATER TEST, whats that tell us.

@phess wrote:

Correct its pretty much a refurb,  but Ill take it over a repair.  Either way the situation is BS no matter how you look at it. 

im onthedge