cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tap
Constellation

Re: s7 edge rear camera glass broken

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Same problem with my phone. I sent it to Samsung to repair because I didn't want to risk ruining the water tight seal. Final price for repair $71.00.

I had no choice. I will try to get a refund if this is a design flaw.
S1eep1ess
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did contact a class action attorney. I sent him the link to this forum. He did say he would look into Samsung's terms and conditions. 

He did say Samsung may have an arbitration agreement. Meaning we can't file a lawsuit against the company. 

He will look into in a few days and get back to me. 

I will keep y'all posted on what he says. 

Aussiem8
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I think everyone who has had this problem should contact publishers who review phones and tell them of the issue.  Samsung won't change until it starts to cost them. 

Cilo85
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Camera glass piece is only 7 bucks on amazon. Use tape n heat to pull of broken glass n replace with new ordered glass from amazon. Its actually very easy but the amount of money we pay for these phones, we definitely shouldn't have to do things like this.

phess
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Agreed shouldnt have to resort to a cheap fix like that.  I just couldnt trust that it would seal properly and prevent any moisture or dust getting in there.  We need this issue to start reaching some tech sites at least and maybe it will get Samsung's attention.   

Aussiem8
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There are two problems:

1) the fault to begin with, and

2) replacing the lens with the same material does not fix the root problem.  

I am not paying to get a fix.  Samsung need to step up and own this problem - it needs to offer a solution to customers.   Samsung, its your brand at stake.

pwalowen
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same broken lense as everyone else.!!  no abuse  just broken.. Geez. with all these others having the same problem I wonder if class action is in order or at least a recall.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, everyone. I wanted to personally thank you for being active members of the community and want you to know that we understand this growing frustration and concern over something that seems quite unexplained.

We do see there are quite a few interesting theories, and although we cannot speculate on each individuals' situation, we would like to assure you that Samsung does take many different conditions into consideration when constructing our devices. Our desire is to always make high quality products for our customers and we strive to be leaders in quality. Although some unforeseen things may come, we do believe this is an isolated occurrence and do not want to place blame on anyone.

The best way to determine what caused your specific issue, is to send the unit in for service so that Samsung technicians can look at it firsthand.  Feel free to reach out to us on any channel:

@SamsungSupport on Twitter or

Samsung Support on Facebook or

By phone at 1-800-Samsung.

We appreciate your being a loyal Samsung customer.

M4panther
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same exact thing happened to me!!!!! Its in a otterbox!!!! Why the hell should I pay for a stinking deductible? 

emiliojr11
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

well 9 days later and 71 bucks they fixed my phone. they declared that somehow it was my fault that it was broken even though i stressed that in no way could it have been my fault. They even put in the repair report diagnosis "camera lens abuse" like are you serious???? the phone in in pristine shape, it still had the original plastic wrap in the back and a zagg shield in the front and i use spigen tough armor cases.