cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: s7 edge rear camera glass broken

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I never said i I got mine replaved or even fixed.  I'm still arguing with both Samsung and AT&T with no success. As of know I still jave the broken glass with Samsung saying they will fix it for some unknown amount if I mail it in.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
How did you convince AT&T to replace it? I assume for free? **bleep**, what to do...
Highlighted
Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I do not know why the glass broke and can not help with that. But if you want to replace it with little cost, I suggest buying the glass (ebay) and replacing it yourself. (Cost around $6)
It cannot be that hard if you are handy with tweezers. Just be careful not to touch the lens under the glass.

Superman on Galaxy S7 SM-G930T, T-Mobile, Baseband:G930TUVY3APIA
To OP: click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had just the same issue! I stood up in the morning with this tiny glass broken in pieces. I couldn't believe it!

I send it to a Samsung repair center and the only option I get is to let it repair for 230 euro! Completely crazy. I would expect better service from Samsung. Especially for their flagship phone!

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The same camera lens issue happened to me. I've had my s7 Edge since the middle of March. Two days ago I woke up and found little shards of lens cover on my phone, which was on the night stand.  This phone is in a case, never been dropped and is kept in a pocket by itself, no keys, no coins, nothing.

Went to AT&Twho promptly told me it was a Samsung problem and there are no service bulletins from Samsung

acknowledging this problem exists.  Called Samsung this morning and they said the same thing. I have to provide my own box and packaging to ship the phone back and of course any damage from shipping voids the warranty.

I guess I'll see how this play out in "9 to 11 business days". 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

T moble is replacing mine under the warranty I have the same problem phone was set down next to my bed picked it up camera with shattered I called T-Mobile ask to speak to a supervisor explain to them that I read on the Samsung website hundreds of people stating the same thing and that it is now a known issue explained that the heating up of the phone causes the glass to expand and crack they seemed to have no problem replacing it

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue. non-edge Samsung Galaxy S7. Never dropped or exposed to high heat or humidity. I sat the camera down on a magazine on my desk and when I picked the phone up five minutes or so later, there was a shard of glass on the desk. I had taken a photo just before, so I am confident that the lens was not cracked prior. If it hadn't happened to me like this I wouldn't have believed it, as the phone otherwise seems like it is built like a tank, much moreso than the S6.

I contacted my carrier, Verizon, and their support contacted Samsung Support, who told them it was a known issue and that they were replacing/repairing the devices. They told me to contact Samsung to arrange that. I contacted Samsung Support, who denied it was a known issue, and said there was no record of any such "spontaneous" breakage of the rear camera glass cover. Seeing in this thread that there have been reports of similar events doesn't instill me with confidence.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine Is Also The Non-edge version. i Don't Care What They Say. Mine Was In An otter Box And there Was No Impact!They Used Cheap Glass To Make It To Market In Time

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just chatted with samsung, and they claimed that there are no known reports of this happening. I have had my phone for a month and 6 days, have kept it in an otterbox since the moment I bought it, and then this happens. I call BS on Samsung.

@a_p wrote:

I have the same issue. non-edge Samsung Galaxy S7. Never dropped or exposed to high heat or humidity. I sat the camera down on a magazine on my desk and when I picked the phone up five minutes or so later, there was a shard of glass on the desk. I had taken a photo just before, so I am confident that the lens was not cracked prior. If it hadn't happened to me like this I wouldn't have believed it, as the phone otherwise seems like it is built like a tank, much moreso than the S6.

I contacted my carrier, Verizon, and their support contacted Samsung Support, who told them it was a known issue and that they were replacing/repairing the devices. They told me to contact Samsung to arrange that. I contacted Samsung Support, who denied it was a known issue, and said there was no record of any such "spontaneous" breakage of the rear camera glass cover. Seeing in this thread that there have been reports of similar events doesn't instill me with confidence.

@a_p wrote: