cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Astronaut

Re: s7 edge rear camera glass broken

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi everyone,

My Samsung S7 Edge device was only 5 weeks old when the camera glass was broken without any other physical damage in the surrounding body and lens frame.  I never dropped device nor put it under pressure nor put it in my pocket with other metal like keys/coins.

Without the apparent  physical damage surrounding the camera glass, who would poke it in the centre of the lens?

All the above mentioned facts support the theory that there is design flaw.  I trust Samsung acknowledged it and will honor my warranty.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have just discovered my phone in the same state.. Very unhappy
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

same has happened to me.

my phone always lived in the life proof case.  the only time I had to open it was to clean the sand out as some made its way in through the charging port.  as I was blowing the sand away with my mouth, the glass shuttered before my eyes.  :-(   I've contacted Samsung and see if they will fix it.  still waiting on response.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had same issue happen with my phone. I thought it was just me. I pre-ordered my phone and had it 3 months when this happened. My deductible is 175. I am not happy about it. 

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please let us know if they will fix it, I had horrible customer service when i called they said send it in and if we think its your fault then we will send you a bill basically. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Rear camera lense is made from unsatisfactory material.   I had my phone encased in a heavy duty phone case and it cracked.   Not dropped, bent or otherwise - yet  Samsung have implied it is my fault.  

Samsung - very shallow strategy to deflect the blame of substandard material used in manufacturing onto a customer.    Terrible.  

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing happened to my S7 Edge after about a week. No drop, pressure or anything. Discovered by accident when i pulled it out of my pocket. Luckily i watched a review the week before i got it, and the same thing happened to his phone.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Picked up my phone ro take a picture only to discover the same scenario as other post. Rear camera just broke. I did not drop, bang or hit it on anything. Bombed because at a family event and can't take any photos. Apparently from what I have read this is a serious issue with these phones. Contacting my carrier. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Please post a picture of the camera lens if you can.
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The same thing happened to me. One night while I was cleaning it, everything was fine, and I plugged it in. The next morning I unpluged it and the camera glass was shattered in a perfect circle. I have NEVER dropped it, I NEVER touch that part of the phone, I ALWAYS set it down gently, and keep it in a safe pocket with nothing else in it whenever I carry it around. So I sent it in for repairs, and now Samsung wants to charge me $70 just to replace a tiny peice of glass, AND THEY REMOVED THE WARRENTY FROM MY PHONE!!