cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: s7 edge rear camera glass broken

JUMP TO SOLUTION

same thing happenned to mine last night and I am so pist off. It has always been in the tech 21 wallet case, never dropped. Always charged with only the charger that was sold with the phone. I have t-mobile and they told me that it would be out of warranty and that I need to file a insurrance claim and a deductable of $175. Um no I wont, this is obviously a manufacturer poor quality flaw. I have contacted Samsung and they want me to send them the phone and be without one for 10 days or more and then they will look at it for free but i will have to pay $71 to fix it and then the warranty is voided. Like no. I emailed the CEO of t-mobile as well as the CEO and every executive with Samsung and am waiting for a resolution. I dont want a refurbished phone. I am paying for a brand new phone and that is what I want or mine repaired for free. This is not my fault and as a poor single mom I dont see why I should be financially burdened or punished for something that all cell companies are aware of and that are trying to pass along to the customer. This may be something that we want to look into a class action lawsuit against Samsung. Does anyone have any contacts or ideas on who to contact should the companies not want to correct this issue with me directly?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Looked just like this

Ccastro024
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I HAVE HAD THIS HAPPEN TO ME TWICE!! THE FIRST TIME THE MANAGER AT THE SPRINT STORE REPLACED IT SINCE IT WAS ONLY A DAY OLD. WE SPENT ABUOT $80 PER PHONE (MINE AND MY WIFE'S) TO PROTECT IT. MY NEW PHONE JUST BROKE ONLY A MONTH AND A HALF. NO DROP,IN AN EXPENSIVE CASE,AND WITH ZAGG GLASS ON THE FRONT. THERE IS DEFINITELY SOMETHING FLAWED. THE FIRST TIME THIS HAPPENED I FELT LIKE IT COULD HAVE BEEN MY FAULT. NOW I AM CONFIDENT ITS A FLAW, I AM EXTREMELY DISAPOINTED WITH MY NOW $1800 PURCHASE (BOTH PHONES AND PROTECTIVE ACCESSORIES)

AFTER 5 YEARS OF SAMSUNGS IT MAY BE TIME TO GO BACK TO IPHONE. SPECIALLY IF THEY GIVE ME TROUBLE ABOUT FIXING THIS.

Nova2237
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well, I wouldn't go back to iPhone. I would recommend LG or HTC. But you're right. Samsung should be sued for this! Either this issue should be fixed for free, or we all stop buying Samsung products

Nikig
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wanted to add to the discussion. I'm pretty pissed and disappointed with Samsung's quality in this device. I purchased the s7 when it pre-ordered. That phone's camera lens also shattered. I had zero recollection of dropping it but I convinced myself I must have walked into something and the lens may have cracked in my pocket. 

I paid $100 as I pay for some insurance through Verizon and received either a new or refurbished device (I couldn't tell but the device seemed like a new one) 

Fast forward to today when I am absolutely certain I did not drop the phone (I've taken multiple pictures throughout the day to figure out the timeline of when it cracked). My lens is shattered the same way the first phone was. I will be contacting Samsung. This is absolutely ridiculous. 

Has anyone else had luck with Samsung? After having two devices shatter like this I'm certain this is a quality issue. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I emailed and tweeted samsung ceo and tmobile ceo and am still waiting for an answer. I also have started the process of reaching out to attorney for a class action lawsuit if anyone is interested

Highlighted
Nikig
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm interested. Here's what my device looks like right now. I have another image of my first device beside my second device. Both phones have shattered camera lens. It seems my first phone cracked on the back glass between the lens and the flash which spidered across the camera lens as well. 

Both times the lens cracked while it was in my Incipio dual shock case. After the first phone shattered I convinced myself that I had some how cracked it even though I had no memory of any trauma to the device. After taking photos throughout the day and clearly remembering that I did not drop off my device I'm fairly convinced that it's a design flaw. 

My phone frequently heats up. Perhaps it's a result of keeping the phone in a case that it can't release the heat effectively but my current thought is that the glass is unable to withstand the thermal stress from the phones heat. Thoughts? 

Does anyone else have instances of their phone lens breaking from no apparent reason? 

Nikig
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm interested. Here's what my device looks like right now. I have another image of my first device beside my second device. Both phones have shattered camera lens. It seems my first phone cracked on the back glass between the lens and the flash which spidered across the camera lens as well. 

Both times the lens cracked while it was in my Incipio dual shock case. After the first phone shattered I convinced myself that I had some how cracked it even though I had no memory of any trauma to the device. After taking photos throughout the day and clearly remembering that I did not drop off my device I'm fairly convinced that it's a design flaw. 

My phone frequently heats up. Perhaps it's a result of keeping the phone in a case that it can't release the heat effectively but my current thought is that the glass is unable to withstand the thermal stress from the phones heat. Thoughts? 

Does anyone else have instances of their phone lens breaking from no apparent reason? 

Davidcostanzo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just had the same happen to me ... thiught i did it until i read this post ordered a new glass piece on amazon for 8.00 just going to fix it myself the old on came off effortlessly 

M4panther
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I hope it retains its water resistance and works out for you.