cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: s7 edge rear camera glass broken

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No there isn't. I'd there damage to yours?

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
None! Mine was in an otter box. No sign of damage
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This has happened to me too. my s7 was in a Spigen case, never been dropped or bashed, took the phone out of my pocket and saw this perfect round hole with jiggered edges in the rear camera lens.

I don’t know how this happened to my phone but from reading this thread it’s not as uncommon as Samsung are owning up too.

I’ve sent the phone back to my UK provider (Tesco) and waiting their response to this.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung fixed my glass for free. Took over 7 days though. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
If your SIM card reader stops working please reply to this post. After they repaired mine my SIM card reader wouldn't read a SIM card.
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How did you manage that?  They keep giving me the same bs. It's physical damage and not covered under the warranty.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you have a picture of the damage you can share? There was no other physical damage to my phone other than the camera glass turning into tiny shards of glass. I made a huge stink  and called many times. I was furious

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The damage on my phone was the exact same as all the other pictures.  I just got off with Oscar at the repair center in Plano, TX.  He agreed to fix the phone for free. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@dbghee wrote:

The damage on my phone was the exact same as all the other pictures.  I just got off with Oscar at the repair center in Plano, TX.  He agreed to fix the phone for free. 

I hope your phone is repaired. The first time I sent my phone in I explained that the phone had never been dropped or mishandled and the repair should be covered under warranty. I was told that they would repair it at no charge. When my phone came back the glass was still broken and I was told that they would not repair it unless I paid $70. I sent it back and paid the repair charge. At this point I have been without my S7E since June 27 and have been stuck with using my old S3, which has a very unreliable battery. We are approaching the peak of fire season in N. California and I need a reliable phone in case I have to evacuate during a fire.  That was my main reason for upgrading my phone. I am beyond frustrated with Samsung's attitude about this problem. What's even worse is that all of my friend's who have i phones just snicker and tell me how great Apple's customer service is any time they have a problem. My phone is due to be delivered tomorrow and it had better be fixed!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i know i have a s6 and dame fools can't fix jake **bleep** my s6 has been locked for over 6 months and I call, been to SAMs where they have reps on site and freaking no one can unlock it. Freaking clows