cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: s7 edge rear camera glass broken

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine looks like this (see attached photo). I've got brand new device, bought it on May 18. Samsung says it's been caused by physical damage which is not covered by warranty. I'm pretty gutted after paying $800 for this device :-(

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's terrible! Fight with them! I did...my lense completely shattered into little shards. It was in an otter box. They had my phone for 3 weeks, in the end they fixed it for free

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well here is what mine looks like.  Imploded in the middle. Small shards of the lens cover were still on the phone when it happened.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Exactly how mine looked

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Very possible that heat caused it to break. Mine literally just broke and it just so happens we are in a heat advisory in houston today. Ill be calling samsung tomorrow.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Final update for Canada:

I received my phone today. The camera lens area was repaired; the phone was not replaced. This was covered under the basic warranty. If you are experiencing the same issue and your phone is not otherwise damaged Samsung will repair it if you make a big enough stink. 

Your carriers will not do anything for you besides supply you a loaner phone while your phone is away for repair. You must call Samsung Canada directly, and go through them.

Best of luck everyone!

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@matts wrote:

Final update for Canada:

I received my phone today. The camera lens area was repaired; the phone was not replaced. This was covered under the basic warranty. If you are experiencing the same issue and your phone is not otherwise damaged Samsung will repair it if you make a big enough stink. 

Your carriers will not do anything for you besides supply you a loaner phone while your phone is away for repair. You must call Samsung Canada directly, and go through them.

Best of luck everyone!

Excellent! My repaired phone is due to arrive tomorrow. I have not been charged one penny. I went directly to Samsung customer service (USA). Yes, they will most like try to charge you for the repair unlessyou explain that the phone was not dropped or mishandled, was always in a protective case, and the camera glass is a known issue. Mention this forum. That's all it took for me.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thanks for the update unfortunately I tried calling them and they pretty much told me that this issue was mostly likely physical therefore my fault and to go to a service repair centre and call them back.
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Kyle-ZX I would request to speak with a manager. I was unsuccessful in talking with level one support.  When dealing with Executive Customer Relations it was still not easy, but it was important to very clearly and firmly underline that the device was not misused, the physical damage was caused by a manufacturing defect and that there are many people experiencing this same issue on the Samsung US Forums. You might have to argue these same points repeatedly.