Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: s7 edge rear camera glass broken

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there,

I was lucky because I've got only one crack across my rear camera lens cover. I've reported this to Samsung and their response was that physical damage is not covered by warranty. However, in my opinion this is a design flaw and not a manufacture defect. I'm just gutted, I didn't expect anything like this to happen to a brand new $800 worth device.

Michal

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm interested in pursuing this with you and anyone else who is. Same thing happened to me and they are saying it's my fault and I need to pay $71.00 to get it fixed! Total B.S.!

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Jstoner wrote:

I'm interested in pursuing this with you and anyone else who is. Same thing happened to me and they are saying it's my fault and I need to pay $71.00 to get it fixed! Total B.S.!

I'm certainly interested. It's not like I want to sue anyone, I just want my phone repaired and an acknowledgement that there is flaw in this phone's design/materials. I'm shipping my phone back tomorrow and will take full photos/video of it's condition before I box it up again.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
If you send them your phone and you don't have any other damage they'll fix the phone for free. They fixed mine after arguing with them several times.
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine broke at work today!! It was sitting on my desk all day... when I went to walk out of the building... the exact same thing happened. I can't believe I might have to pay for the fix...

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Please post a picture if you can
Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update...tmobile will not replace the phone and state they can not prove if I did or did not damage the phone. Basically calling me a liar and stated I had to deal with Samsung myself. I am so mad. I been a customer of theirs for over 10 years. I am done. I will pay off my EIC and leave the company this summer. I feel like they don't care about the customer and I was dealing with the executive office of the CEO. Their solution was to bill me 800 for a new device that I could use until samsung fixed it or pay the 175 deductible and then get back a refurbished device. I asked if they were going to pay off my device for me since they were sending a used device I felt I should not be paying for a new device and that if anything my EIC should be lowered to half as it would be a used device I would be getting. I am furious. I am going to send my phone to samsung and I pray that they intend on repairing at their cost as this clearly is a known issue. Good thing is CEO of tmobile is now aware but bad thing is they don't care about the customer and it is the. Customers problem and all they care about it funds. I guess I will be heading to sprint or ATT or even Verizon. I am done with being **bleep** on.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung moderators, you and I do not know one another; however let me introduce myself, I am one of the many Galaxy S7 owners who has been stung by Samsung's design or material flaw re the rear S7 camera lens.   You can use what-ever words you want to describe this issue from a Samsung position; but I am sure you can figure out the words I used when-

- VoC recommendation - if you don't want the rear camera lens to break then leave it on the desk;
- VoC doesn't know what material is used; but there definitely is not a material problem;
- Samsung Australia does not recognise what their partner Corning says on their website even if it is Samsung Global verified; ( I have written to Corning , and Corning confirmed the information on their site was accurate)
- Samsung Australia suggests their products meet Australian Standards (eventhough VoC have not indicated what they are);
- Samsung Authorised repairer Roadhound photo showed anomalies, which VoC avoids,
- VoC recorded and confirmed quotation for repair, differ from what I was received from Roadhound.
- Samsung Australia and Roadhound material costs are =>2600% more then online OEM prices.
- Samsung Australia and Roadhound both report there is no sign of impact; but VoC says the break is my fault.

I had this phone in a heavy duty phone case. Maybe Samsung could tell me and others what more does Samsung think a consumer could have done to protect their investment, short of leaving it on the desk as recommended by your VoC? Your VoC have rejected to repair fully at Samsung cost or settle on a full refund. So for a phone I have had for 2 out of 8 weeks, which has an unexplainable crack and has no warranty as a result, I am upset.

Don't both quoting me your bogus warranty as it is your only card to cover up your mistake and turn your fault it into a revenue earner.   For an expensive product, this is terrible - consumers deserve better.

Your call Samsung.  

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This has happened to me twice now. Once within a week of getting the phone at the end of March and again after having it repaired. I bought my phone at Costco and a case came with it, so it's been in a case the entire time. First time I thought it could have been my fault but now the second time I think it's a design flaw as many have mentioned here. Luckily SquareTrade insurance only charges a $50 deductible but this is a bit ridiculous. I've never had this happen on my previous S5 or S3 phones. If it happens again I will be contacting Samsung.